What's new

Browning B-80 12 gauge

After always dreaming of owning a Browning 12 gauge shotgun....I got one today! I was so excited I went straight to the range. It shoots wonderful.

I like to clean a gun I'm unfamiliar with by following a youtube video so I don't mess it up. I understand this is basically a Beretta 302 but, by golly, I can't find a video in english anywhere.

I did download the manual so I can use that if I have to but I really like videos. Can someone help me out here?

Mark

$20160203_184009.jpg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Looks nice - I'm not a UTube user, but there's pretty much commonality between similar firearms .. just guessing that you can unscrew the magazine cap, pull off the forearm, and get the barrel off which should open it all up for a scrub ..

If it is similar to the Beretta 390/3901 Models it is pretty straightforward, until....you decide to remove/install the spacer plug which reduces the magazine capacity (requirement for waterfowl).

There is a detent pin which must be pushed inward in order to unscrew the end cap in the magazine tube. You really have to look for it. Also pay attention to what end of the plug is up and down. Word is that it makes a difference.

I have stripped it twice now with success. I found a Beretta 300/391 that is basically the same gun and followed that video.
This gun shoots really nice!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Purdy shotgun! I'm not much of a shotgun aficionado, but I have two Brownings, an old original A-5 and a newer A 500G.

Top Bottom