What's new

NYC Barbershop?

If you get to Hoboken, there are several good barbershops you can get a haircut for under $15 and then you can waltz over to M&P's between 11th & 12th on the west side of Washington Street for the World's Greatest Roast Beef and Mozzarella Sandwich.

If you get to Hoboken, there are several good barbershops you can get a haircut for under $15 and then you can waltz over to M&P's between 11th & 12th on the west side of Washington Street for the World's Greatest Roast Beef and Mozzarella Sandwich.

Thats quite a claim! you sure?:001_rolle

Royal Unisex barbershop on St. Mark's Place, heading toward Alphabet City. Despite the "unisex" in the name, it's basically a men-only place, and they do a great job on short haircuts (flattop, etc.). They also do shaves. One of my favorite places for short haircuts, and cheap.

In mid-town there is a place on the north side of the street, 45th between Lex and 3rd, it's a second-floor barbershop with a sign on the street level. Also a great shop, and something like $12 haircuts.

Good luck!

Thats quite a claim! you sure?:001_rolle

IMHO, Yes. M&P's is an old style Italian Deli where the second you enter, your nostrils are met by the smell of Prosciutto, Cappacola, all the great Italian cuts, plus some wonderful home made hot plates like chicken parm, and meatballs.

But I digress. Let me describe the inherent goodness that is the M&P Roast Beef & Mutz. We start with a fresh baked crispy long roll, cut in half and lengthwise. On this is slathered layer after layer of fresh, home made Roast Beef. It is so fresh you can practically still here it mooing. Then we get to the mozzarella. It too, is made there, fresh, and cut into slices before you and placed on the sandwich. If you want to add to it, you can have sun dried tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, lettuce, tomatoe, and/or a touch of balsamic vinegar. The sandwich weighs almost two pounds.

proxy.php

IMHO, Yes. M&P's is an old style Italian Deli where the second you enter, your nostrils are met by the smell of Prosciutto, Cappacola, all the great Italian cuts, plus some wonderful home made hot plates like chicken parm, and meatballs.

But I digress. Let me describe the inherent goodness that is the M&P Roast Beef & Mutz. We start with a fresh baked crispy long roll, cut in half and lengthwise. On this is slathered layer after layer of fresh, home made Roast Beef. It is so fresh you can practically still here it mooing. Then we get to the mozzarella. It too, is made there, fresh, and cut into slices before you and placed on the sandwich. If you want to add to it, you can have sun dried tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, lettuce, tomatoe, and/or a touch of balsamic vinegar. The sandwich weighs almost two pounds.

proxy.php

Curse you! I soooooo want one of these right now :tongue:

proxy.php

Well I will give you a "it looks good" :tongue_sm

Astorplace barber shop.......... I have been going there for the last 15yrs... cheap and great.

Yes, Astor is definitely another good option. I used to go there, but switched to Neighborhood because it's much mellower (three chairs compared to a hundred). The trick to Astor is to find the right barber for you, then you just go right to his/her station when you go for a cut. My guy left several years ago, so I did too.

The website says they offer $10 shaves :w00t: Have you tried one yet?

No, I have never had a shave at Neighborhood. I enjoy shaving too much and at this point, I'm pretty confident that I can do better job than anybody else shaving my own face.

What's a good barbershop in Manhattan? Around $15 a cut would be nice, as I'm a broke college student

Thanks!

I would say CVS/your local pharmacy where you can spend 30 bucks on some head clippers and never have to pay for another haircut in your life. :lol: Cheers

I go to a place on 45th between Lex and third. I'm not sure at all what its called but it's on the second floor (they have one of those barbershop swirl things) and the cuts are about $11 I think. The one thing that I really like is that they do your sideburns/back of the neck with a straight razor and they have a hot cream dispenser which feels amazing. I'm sure I don't need to convince anybody on here about how much better a straight razor is to an electric :001_rolle

Top Bottom