What's new

I Guess I'm a Weirdo!

.. Because I LOVE the scent of Arko! It's grown on me, big time! I sniff my puck when I walk by... Smells just like old school ivory soap which brings back memories.

Damn fine soap; lather is just outstanding, especially considering price.

I like my MWF, Tabac, Valobra Fougere, and Saponificio Varesino a bit more. Still though, considering the price difference, Arko may well be the best (dollar for dollar) soap out there. However, it's been a while since I've had the Palmolive Stick on hand, which can probably give it a run for the money.

I could use this exclusively and not feel deprived in the least. Long live the Arko man!

I don't like the scent. But I still haven't found a soap that performs better. Doesn't matter the price.

I spent time in Turkey some decades ago and had fond recollections of the sights, sounds, and yes - smells. Either your mind is conditioned for appreciation such a "different" thing or it is not. Arko is 1950s soap from a country that has centuries-old hygenic traditions, effective and unpretentious, and is not adapted for 21st century mass marketing.

I spent time in Turkey some decades ago and had fond recollections of the sights, sounds, and yes - smells. Either your mind is conditioned for appreciation such a "different" thing or it is not. Arko is 1950s soap from a country that has centuries-old hygenic traditions, effective and unpretentious, and is not adapted for 21st century mass marketing.
Salient points!

I definitely think part of the Arko charm is the "stuck in the 50's" vibe. Most notably, the Arko man!

Haven't posted this in awhile, so, here:

$OldArko.jpg

.. Because I LOVE the scent of Arko! It's grown on me, big time! I sniff my puck when I walk by... Smells just like old school ivory soap which brings back memories.

Damn fine soap; lather is just outstanding, especially considering price.

I like my MWF, Tabac, Valobra Fougere, and Saponificio Varesino a bit more. Still though, considering the price difference, Arko may well be the best (dollar for dollar) soap out there. However, it's been a while since I've had the Palmolive Stick on hand, which can probably give it a run for the money.

I could use this exclusively and not feel deprived in the least. Long live the Arko man!

I am going to have to give Arko a try. Lots of folks seem to love it.

I agree strongly with this. Smells can be very evocative of different events and times in your life and bring back deeply personal memories, regardless of the intrinsic qualities of the scent. I like Arko on its own merits, but it also brings back happy memories of holidays in Turkey, steam baths, massages etc. Tabac is the​ fragrance from my youth and makes me feel nostalgic every time I smell it.

I haven't done it yet, but I would probably buy a product whose scent I didn't particularly like, just because of the associations it has with my past. Unless it's Hai Karate of course!

The first time I used Tabac my wife said "mmmmm smells like daddy" On the third day she said that she didn't want to be reminded of daddy every day. Now with the scent muted by time, and I guess her getting used to it, she is back to liking it.

Top Bottom