What's new

WHAT is your current pre-work out drink?

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you and your families. Just wondering what is your current pre-work out drink. For me... I just use simple black coffee minus the cream and minus the sugar. For me . . . it works great.

https://youtu.be/HdFR4KHz5sI

WARHAWK

Vega Sport pre-workout energizer. Note: for some casual weight lifting, or a light workout (elliptical, spin class, etc) this is tremendous overkill. If you're going to head out and crush some miles on foot at a fast clip, do some gnarly road or mountain biking, or going to lap the pool for an hour or more, this is for you. If you're doing something low/medium energy though, you won't burn off all the "kick" this stuff gives you, and you'll be way too fired up/energized.

Coffee with two sweetener. I find with pre-workouts they are mostly caffeine and fairy dust. I can get caffeine from coffee at a way better price point, unless I'm buying from Starbucks... :laugh:

Water. I have started using a chewy block of electrolye from the start on longer rides lately, and I have been able to sustain my effort into 2 and 3 hours better.

$2014-10-09-10.33.35-300x300.jpgsince 2001...

If I'm working out very early in the day I will just eat 2-4 medium sized dates. If I'm working out say after 11 am than I will have 600-1000 calories of fruit. Always eat raw foods all day up until the workout as well.

That stuff is dangerous! Don't you read the internet!!!?!!? :w00t:

Black coffee for me.

That's what makes it so appealing! Not everyone can stomach drinking an oxidizer and I know it's risky business every time I take a sip knowing go and well that it's the #1 cause of all drowning victims. But I also scrape a razor blade across my neck and throat everyday, so living dangerously is how I roll.

Prior to my morning runs on weekends, usually a glass of fruit or vegetable juice and a couple cups of black coffee, but that's usually how I start all my mornings, so there's nothing special about it.

Two cups of cafe Bustelo on an empty stomach before 30 minutes of high intensity cardio followed by 20 sets (2 body parts, 10 per) no rest & to failure.
After is a pint of coconut water.

Top Bottom