What's new

Fancy Pizza

Baking steel? Very interesting... it sounds like the science is there... Seems pretty expensive for a hunk of steel though.

i agree, i got a black friday deal on it. my wife didnt like my cast aluminum griddle, so i took a chance on this. it's ridiculously heavy and seems to work fantastically.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
IMO, anything beyond plain cheese is overkill. I like my pizza basic and simple.

Got to thinking about JaredB's sauerkraut idea...

I'm thinking that 'kraut, pastrami and swiss cheese would make a really yummy "Reuben" pizza. I haven't decided whether keeping the red sauce and going 1/2 & 1/2 on the mozzarella and swiss would be the way to go, or whether to make a "white" sauce flavored with Russian dressing for the authentic Reuben experience.

Alternatively, red sauce, cheese, kielbasa and kraut might be yummy too. Maybe a light drizzle of mustard to garnish.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

I'm thinking that 'kraut, pastrami and swiss cheese would make a really yummy "Reuben" pizza. I haven't decided whether keeping the red sauce and going 1/2 & 1/2 on the mozzarella and swiss would be the way to go, or whether to make a "white" sauce flavored with Russian dressing for the authentic Reuben experience.

Alternatively, red sauce, cheese, kielbasa and kraut might be yummy too. Maybe a light drizzle of mustard to garnish.

Now cut that out!

I have done rueben pizza many times. Just done butter with a LOT of garlic, some thousand island and mixed in swiss. It is over the top good.

Tomato sauce
Basil
Cheese

Done properly, it is the ultimate pizza.

Sure, I have had pizza with duck confit, smoked salmon, bacon, shellfish and all sorts of other toppings... they were all pretenders.

Another one to put on the list for sure! gotta figure out the cream sauce though
Never made this pizza but it seems that you could just make a standard bechamel and then at the end take it off the heat and melt in some fresh grated Parmesan to taste? I wouldn't overthink it.

Home made dough, first layer triple cream brie, then upwards- shaved Brussel sprouts, chopped,toasted walnuts, shaved goats milk Gouda drizzled with honey

dave

So Dave inspired me.
Tonight (every friday) is pizza night in the Langod house.

We made a Brussels sprouts pizza inspired by Dave's recipe. Brie on the bottom, then Brussels sprouts with a drizzle of honey topped with some crispy prosciutto.

O. M. G.
So Good. Yeah. Like almost better than sex.

Regular pepperoni and hot pepper on the left. Amazingly delicious Brie and Brussels sprout on the right. (Oh, and topped with shaved parmesan after the photo)

$pizza.jpg

Top Bottom