What's new

Edwin Jagger Rubber Coated Double Edge Safety Razor

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
This would be the DE86RC. I bought one as I got a good deal on it. I tried a few EJ or Muhle razors in the past and liked them but never actually bought one for myself. When I use a DE, I would reach for a Tech with a heavier handle (loaded with a Feather blade) or a Merkur 38C (I pretty much put any blades in there and it works well). Those are my main DE razors. The Merkur spends a lot of time in the scuttle where the tech is on the shelf sometimes. I have other DE but they are at the back as I don't use them very often (maybe once a year).

I wouldn't normally go ahead with a single shave with this razor but this one is pretty much on part with the Merkur. For me the Merkur shaves perfectly. I am curious to see if I can get as many shaves out of the EJ than the Merkur. The grip is really nice. The razor is really smooth and I got a BBS shave.

I didn't find any threads about this particular model so that's why I started one.

Luc

Staff member
A few snaps from this morning
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454066949.450942.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454066965.650383.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454066982.917999.jpg

Luc

Staff member
yes, yes, no, some... :biggrin:

The handle has a piece of rubber (that I can't take off) and the lines are in the rubber. I don't think that they are in the handle. It helps for the grip but I don't think it will be the next revolution when it comes to handles.

I bought mine from MenEssentials in Canada. I would think that any vendor that can carry Edwin Jagger razors could possibly get one

Top Bottom