What's new

How Many Shaves to the bottom of a Shave Stick?

He seems to linger in general.

Hey bb, good to hear from you. I'm anxious to see a current pic of the good Monsieur, maybe Blackfoot can help us out with this? Or is he too busy...?

Attachments

• $hb012.jpg
    $hb012.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 158
My apologies again. I have my turn complete but I moved this weekend. So, it's been busy and lots of unpacking to do. As soon as I can find a post office near my place, I can send him on his merry. If the next host on the list can pm me their address.

I'm her... wait, let me make sure. Yep, I'm here too, don't often have much to say though.:blush: The Monsieur sure does like to take his time between users. I'm beginning to think he has something to do with the MIB, he's taking detours to flashy thingy us!:scared:

Hope all's well with Blake - and our mutual friend of course.

Is anyone else thinking about the next pass already? I was looking over the list of sticks that have been done in previous passes, and thought about suggesting another supporting vendor to follow Mama Bear. SCS might be a good candidate. It's another fairly soft soap, though. Another idea is to ask QCS for a stick of their soap. I'm curious about Malaspina too, but their shave stick appears to be rather small.

Or if we turn back to relatively mass-market products, it might be fun to do European Palmolive or Arko. I already have both, but I'm curious about their longevity.

Other thoughts?

Queen Charlotte soaps have been on my to try list for a long time. I don't know why I haven't yet, really. I don't want to nix SCS, but a wasn't Hee Bee made by SCS? I know it was branded under the Gentleman's Best, but if I remember correctly SCS made all the soaps for them. Maybe someone who had the chance to try sticks from both labels could chime in and say if they were very different. No matter where the next stick comes from, I'd be interested.

Andy, that's a good point about GB and SCS. According to this post the formula is different:

The Gentlemen’s Best line is a recipe formulated exclusively for Gentlemen’s Best. It is not an SCS formula.

But possibly only the frangrances differ? I have not tried either product line for myself, so I would also welcome the voice of experience.

No objections to anything as long as it is by a new manufacturer. With so many soap makers, there is no reason to repeat. Something new and different is part of the fun. Where is Monsieur these days?

I don't know, but it's a bunch. Shave sticks are the way to go. Applying the soap directly to the beard softens the beard more than the standard method of putting on soap, IMHO.

I don't know, but it's a bunch. Shave sticks are the way to go. Applying the soap directly to the beard softens the beard more than the standard method of putting on soap, IMHO.

This looks to be a response to the original post. Very cool to have some new blood in here. Welcome Dread. May we assume your last name is Roberts and that Buttercup is now your wife? Or, is that "inconceivable?"

Top Bottom