What's new

My 2016 minimalist shave perch

Too small to be a den and as it's mounted on a wall, it's more of a perch.

I've settled in on the basics I need for a DFS to BBS shave every day. Plan on sticking with this set-up throughout 2016.

Jaws OC, EJ DE87
Astra SP, Personna Red
Proraso Red, Proraso white
Omega 10086 - one white, one black
Semogue 620
Pinaud Clubman or VIBR

Rotate razors month on, month off. Blades changed every 7 shaves, rotate between the two.
Every other day with the creams and brushes.

$den 2016~2.jpg

Great idea! I'm new to wet shaving, but I'm already struggling to find a place to keep all the stuff I've accrued so far. Might have to do something similar!

My wife would love your approach. You should see my cluttered half of the two-sink bathroom counter (as compared to her immaculate half). If only I could get down to, say, five razors, seven soaps and creams, three brushes, five blade types, etc. I won't even speak to trying to reduce my collection of 50+ aftershave splashes--the best part of the shave, to me. Some day, the family will have to decide what to do with all of my mostly full aftershaves...

Hey, I LIKE this idea .... wish i could do it too.

I have a fair amount of excess creams and razors ,

I will probably keep everything i own but this might be a good exercise in self discipline.

I may do this too!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Very nice. I'd need at least 6 of them for all my a brushes soaps and creams. Is that something you made or bought?

I love simplicity. I also keep it real simple. 95% of the time I use the same razor. 100% of the time I use the same brush (the only brush I own). I use the same soap 95% of the time (VDH). Either Astra SP or Gillette Silver Blue. Aftershave I do get frivolous with - I have 4 I rotate through at my whimsy. That's it.

proxy.php

Very nice. I'd need at least 6 of them for all my a brushes soaps and creams. Is that something you made or bought?

The shelves are actually old CD racks that one of my kids had but no longer uses ("CDs are so yesterday Dad!"). Work well for my purpose too.

That is cool and soooo neat. But..........where is the fun in that? :lol:

Mike

Oh, I had my fun. Just a few feet away from my perch one can enter "The Linen Closet Zone". In the zone, one can find an assortment of soap sticks, cream tubes, soap pucks, after shave splashes & balms, brushes, etc.

Top Bottom