What's new

Good Price for NOS Schick Injector?

Hey folks,

I want to get an adjustable, NOS Schick injector razor. As I have no immediate need for it (already have several other DE razors that work fine), I've been watching eBay for several weeks, but I'm still not sure what the average price is.

So let's say the average price is $5, I'd bid $4 max. If someone else is willing to pay the average or more than the average, so be it. I'll just bid $4 on the next one that comes along...and repeat...and repeat 'til I got me a virgin razor.

Thanks for your input... and YES I do realize that the average price is more than $5. Just using it for the sake of illustrating my eBay strategy that I've been honing since 1997.

We really aren't supposed to talk prices. Just keep watching the sales on ebay.
The real question is how much is it worth to you?

I've been looking around to get another Schick M type adjustable. I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices people are asking on eBay though. I lucked out and got an M and a similar style non-adjustable (L?) for $20 for both at an antique shop. I gave the non-adjustable to my son, but he'd like an adjustable. I'm going to keep searching locally, because there's just no way that a mostly plastic Schick should be worth anything like the same price as a Gillette Slim Adjustable, in my opinion.

Anyway, it's much more fun looking for them in antique malls and flea markets and getting a bargain than it is buying stuff from eBay.

The way to find out what the going rate is for razors (or anything else for that matter) is to go on eBay and select "advanced search," enter your search criteria and select "sold listings." This way you can see what people have actually paid for an item, rather than what some clueless seller thinks it is worth.

Using that information you can make an informed decision regarding what *you* are willing to pay and bid accordingly.

Also keep in mind that cased sets, especially those with the directions intact, are appealing to collectors and drive the price up. If you are simply looking for a razor to use, look for a nice uncased one.

Local antique shops and flea markets are always worth checking out, although I have had very limited success at this.

--Bob

As mentioned above NOS Injectors can Go for Crazy Money & are the prices can be pushed up & therefore aimed towards Collectors that will never open the package..I have got my hands on more than a few NOS Injectors for shaving & they are well worth getting your hands on because being Brand New everything is so tight..We are talking small tolerances but an NOS Injector or any SE for that Matter that has never been used is just Heaven & Earth to use..I was very fortunate to get an NOS Type E 2 that opens & its just a dream to shave with compared to some used ones that have been kicking around from the late 1930s..:w00t:

Another thing..The NOS Dutch made Schick Injectors are something to behold in my humble opinion compared to the USA made ones simply because the Schick Plant in Holland didn't Mass produce as many as the USA Plant..Thus there was less wear & tear on the Factory Machinery & therefore the tolerances were tighter from New..:001_cool:

Billy

Last edited:
In my experience, a general range for injectors (user grade or somewhat better) is arround $15 to $25. However, I've found that they generally clean up very nicely.

i like the user grade personally. the one injector razor i got a month ago or so been in my rotation. very nice razor.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I never used an injector until I snagged a couple of butterscotch Eversharps on the bay. I was, I thought, underbidding so I bid on two of them and got them both. Usually I figure if I win more than 1 in 10 auctions I am bidding too high but I won 2 for 2 because I thought they would go higher, and I didn't search for past auctions. Anyway I was quite happy with both of them. One will go in my seabag and one stays in the den. I find they give a much more straight-like shave than a DE or even a shavette, with the ease of handling of a SE. Neither one is a showpiece, neither has a case, but I got them both surprisingly cheap.

Top Bottom