What's new

The Hanky

Anyone out there carry a hanky?

And if you do, perhaps you can answer me this.

When you have a head cold and blow your nose often throughout the day with your hanky, how do you deal with the soppiness?

I am rarely without one. Folding and refolding, until a swap out for a fresh one is necessary. Luckily, I rarely get sick.

I am rarely without one. Folding and refolding, until a swap out for a fresh one is necessary. Luckily, I rarely get sick.
+1
actually, come to think of it, if I'm that drippy I'll carry some Kleenex, too

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I carry one every day, and use it for a variety of tasks, from cleaning soup splashes, to mopping my sweaty brow. But when I have a cold, I go to a box of tissues. I don't need a pocket full of diseased snot.

I started carrying one around about a year ago. Now I'm rarely without one and although my wife makes fun of me for carrying one, she is always asking to borrow it when she can't find tissues. Having one on me really helped last summer. My fishing buddy bought a brand new truck and a few days later picked me up to hit the lake. I ended up having a brutal nosebleed and without the hanky I'm confident I would've gotten blood all over. I'll opt for kleenex if I'm sick.

i used to carry one years ago when I was a young. I smoked a lot in those days and always had a cold. I quit using them because of the fact they would get sopping wet. Now the thought of carrying a bacteria loaded rag in my pocket turns my stomach. Kleenex all the time now.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I use a hanky.

Or I may use a tissue paper from Kroger's. I have allergies, so I sneeze often. Many times I have sneezed with this tissue paper, and blown a hole right through it.

hanky for edc; tissue for biologicals. there are still many uses for the soft cotton cloth. even so, first use and it's in the laundry.

I carry one but not for blowing my nose on. I mostly use it to dry my hands when I find a restroom's paper towel dispenser is empty.

hanky for edc; tissue for biologicals. there are still many uses for the soft cotton cloth. even so, first use and it's in the laundry.

+1 to this. I use a hanky for everything BUT my nose. A hanky is most useful for other jobs; cleaning, women's tears, etc. I use kleenex for the biologicals.

My father always carried a handkerchief. I never do unless I am sick as a dog and need a constant nose wipe or sneeze barrier.

Sometimes it is easier to stuff a pocket full of Kleenex or keep a box handy.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Only use Tempo tissues - one use, the old fashioned handkerchief is just nasty!
We are now living in the 21st Century....

Top Bottom