What's new

scent combo

Hi all,

New to wetshaving and am super excited about it. Will be beginning as soon as I get my merkur hd, blades, brush, and soap. Thanks to all of you for this great resource.

Anyway, I'm sure this'll be one of many obvious questions I have, but I'm curious to know how/if you all coordinate the various scents in your shaving experience. What I mean is do the smells in the various pre-shave, soap/cream lather, aftershaves, toners, etc. conflict with one another? Is the last scent applied the only one that really matters? Is there some synergy? Or am I over-thinking this?

Thanks again.

Miz

Mix and match till your heart's content. Some wise member advised mixing Tabac with Rose and they were right. You can also find out what works by reading the Shave / Scent of the Day. A few members comment if their results are stellar.

I only coordinate scents in the aftershave and cologne areas. I find that the scents from the shave cream/soap do not linger past the post-shave rinse. If I use an alcohol-based aftershave then I do pay some attention to make sure the cologne does not conflict with the aftershave. Less attention is needed if an aftershave balm is used as the scents generally do not linger as long as the alcohol-based aftershaves.

I try to use just one scent in the aggregate sense. I use Trumper's Rose Shaving Cream, SCS Rose Aftershave Milk and a rose Hydroblast. Next I'll move to all Sandalwood. Check out Thayers products also for aftershaves. They have a couple that are neutral.

Top Bottom