What's new

Hard soap or soft soap for washing your hands

Type of soap sitting by your sink to wash hands

• Soft soap dispenser

• Hard bar of soap

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use both, but I am probably in a minority in that I use real liquid soap instead of SLS based detergent...

I like Palmolive soaps.

$20160208_131620.jpg

I don't need to use soap to wash my hands.

I have frequent urination. It's something that older people get.

I rinse my hands every time, and my hands look good even if I got some grease on them from my bicycle chain.

:lol::lol::lol: You must be Irish.... says this old Scotsman... and frequent ain't the half of it... :sob:

Soft soap. The bathroom vanity and bathroom are quite small so the vanity has a small round stainless steel bar sink with the single lever facet at the back left corner of the vanity, the right hand back corner has an under counter mounted soap pump, all you see is the chromed pump above the counter, very little space taken.

Every other sink in the house has some generic plastic soap pump, easy to keep clean and tidy as opposed to a soap dish.

Shower with bar soap.
dave

I hate pump soap. My wife keeps them on the bathroom counters, but I refuse to use them and take my hard soap from the shower, wash my hands or face, then put it back in the shower.

Soft soap for both hands and the shower. I moved away from hard soaps several years ago and never looked back. I even take a small bottle of body wash with me when I travel since a lot of hotels only have bar soap available.

Soft soap is more expensive and you go through it faster but it seems to not dry my skin out as much. Of course YMMV.

Whatever liquid soap the SWMBO has on the sink for my normal hand washing.
Permatex Fast Orange Hand Cleaner with Pumice for the dirtier times.

Top Bottom