What's new

Hard soap or soft soap for washing your hands

Type of soap sitting by your sink to wash hands

• Soft soap dispenser

• Hard bar of soap

Results are only viewable after voting.
What type of soap is sitting by your bathroom sink and kitchen faucet? Do you prefer a soft soap dispenser or a hard bar of soap to wash your hands?

A soft soap (plastic hand pump) dispenser is currently in my bathroom mainly due to its smaller footprint and more tidy appearance.

My concern is with the amount of wasted soap that goes down the drain. I think it is partly because of using a cheap inferior formulation that clumps more easily and squirts through one's fingers instead of creating lather. I am not concerned about trying to save a few pennies in soap cost, but with the potential load at the sewage treatment plant and making its way into the environment.. at least when compared to using a hard soap. I realize one home has little impact, but if my situation were multiplied it would be like pouring bottles of soap down the drain.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I don't need to use soap to wash my hands.

I have frequent urination. It's something that older people get.

I rinse my hands every time, and my hands look good even if I got some grease on them from my bicycle chain.

Bathroom: Dial pump - the clear bottle looks good

Kitchen: Dawn foaming

Garage: Fast Orange pumice

$71P8bgSxO6L__SY355_.jpg
$71TvMbl6FPL__SY355_.jpg
$dawn_05202010002620.jpg
$91HDBkd-QML__SY355_.jpg

Pump liquid for hand washing mostly. When I refill them I cut them with water as they dispense easier and cuts down on wasted soap as well. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I prefer the thinner consistency and there are little / no drips this way also.

Interesting idea about thinning the liquid soap to improve its performance, though I think the inferior soap I bought might not stand to being thinned.

Before changing brands or going back to hard soap I will try the foaming soap idea...I had positive experience with that in public restrooms.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I use a soft soap for handwashing and a bar soap for showering and face/beard cleaning. My favourite brand for bar soaps is called "I Provenzali".

I have liquid soft soap but I mainly use hard soap like Ivory, Kao, Imperial Leather, Yardley, Camay just to name some.

Top Bottom