What's new

Ode to Laphroaig

link be broke

In other news, I had two very nice glasses of Laphroaig 10 tonight, and picked up a Quarter Cask this afternoon.

I bought a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask yesterday and having my first glass right now, just a splash of water.
I may be in love. Might be even better than the Ardbeg.

I bought a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask yesterday and having my first glass right now, just a splash of water.
I may be in love. Might be even better than the Ardbeg.
That is probably one of my favorite bottles ever. If you like regular Laphroaig, this kicks it up a couple of notches.

ohh, la, la, laphroaig!

That is probably one of my favorite bottles ever. If you like regular Laphroaig, this kicks it up a couple of notches.

ohh, la, la, laphroaig!

Be sure to try the 10yo cask strength. One of my All Time Favorites. I don't even buy the QC anymore as it is the same price here.

Laphroaig is my #1 , although I have a deep love of many scotches!

Recently enjoyed a bottle of the 18 year old. It was absolute heaven. Amazing how something as wild as Laphroaig could be so refined... I guess that's age for you.

I am also currently making my way (slowly!) through a bottle of the 10 year old cask strength. It is a joyous, peaty punch in the face. Delicious.

Just tried some of the ten year thanks to a friend...he asked me around the holidays if I liked Scotch and I told him "not really"...well now I'm interested for sure. Enough so that I bought a bottle of the 10 year, and one of Islay Mist (a blend including Laphroaig malt). And so it begins!

Sorry guys.... I love scotch and whiskeys..... but islays.... ugh I tried the quarter cask laphroaig and was not a fan..... too peaty, smelled like burning plastic.....

Islays are often an acquired taste, there are plenty of seasoned scotch drinkers who don't like them. To me Laphroaig tastes a bit like someone burnt a first aid kit on a peat fire and then put it out with seawater, but I like it. :)

I am just about through with my first bottle of Laphroiag Quarter Cask. It might just become my new favorite. Caol Ila might be right there with it though...hmmm....might have to try both again.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Islays are often an acquired taste, there are plenty of seasoned scotch drinkers who don't like them. To me Laphroaig tastes a bit like someone burnt a first aid kit on a peat fire and then put it out with seawater, but I like it. :)

The only Islay I don't like is Bowmore ... and I don't like it a lot. The rest, I really like.

Top Bottom