What's new

Cremo Cooling Shave Cream

Anyone heard of this or tried it yet? Just saw it at Target. I'd guess it performs like the original Cremo although the addition of menthol, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil should be at least a sensory improvement, [emoji6] I didn't buy it to photograph so borrowed an image from the web. Looks to be pretty new and aren't all that many images out there yet

$uploadfromtaptalk1453405281224.jpg

FYI, found this interesting info from the Cremo company in a post at another forum posted this past Monday...

"Hi all,

Matt here from Cremo. So exciting to see some chatter about our new Cooling Shave Cream! I hope you don't mind me interjecting but I did want to let everyone know that this will indeed be a permanent item at Walmart and should be available in most Walmart locations within the next couple of weeks. It will also be available chain-wide at Target, as well as many Kroger, Walgreens, HEB and Meijer locations - all within the upcoming weeks. Hope this helps and thank you again for your support!

PS - working on a brush version of our shave cream. Stay tuned...

Matt Biggins
Cremo Company"

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, found this interesting info from the Cremo company in a post at another forum posted this past Monday...

"Hi all,

Matt here from Cremo. So exciting to see some chatter about our new Cooling Shave Cream! I hope you don't mind me interjecting but I did want to let everyone know that this will indeed be a permanent item at Walmart and should be available in most Walmart locations within the next couple of weeks. It will also be available chain-wide at Target, as well as many Kroger, Walgreens, HEB and Meijer locations - all within the upcoming weeks. Hope this helps and thank you again for your support!

PS - working on a brush version of our shave cream. Stay tuned...

Matt Biggins
Cremo Company"

Matt, feel free to send me a tiny sample tube.

Anyone heard of this or tried it yet? Just saw it at Target. I'd guess it performs like the original Cremo although the addition of menthol, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil should be at least a sensory improvement, [emoji6] I didn't buy it to photograph so borrowed an image from the web. Looks to be pretty new and aren't all that many images out there yet

View attachment 631704
sadly didn't see it at my target today other then the original and hopefully they will make a brushable cream never got into cremo liked brushable lather better

sadly didn't see it at my target today other then the original and hopefully they will make a brushable cream never got into cremo liked brushable lather better
I looked at a nearby WalMart superstore today and wasn't there either. Does seem to be pretty new.

What does Matt mean by brush version? Do you guys smear it on by hand? I brush the Cremo directly to my face and lather.

I wonder if he talking about a possible new soap/croap?

I haven't seen it yet, but I'd be glad to pick some up when its available.

Any news about the aroma? I hope they made a different flavor than the "burnt orange" smell of the original.
That was a real turn-off to me, and if it smelled better, I'd use it a lot more often.

Per Cremo customer service this was just released last week and not even added to their website yet. Cremo worked on the formula for three years and will be carried by the same big box stores and retailers that carry original Cremo.

Had a NFL Conference Championship weekend shave with my Dad (in spirit) using his newly discovered Gem Heavy Flat Top razor and the new Cremo Cooling formula Shave Cream. Figured since I seem to be nearly the only one with access to it as of now that it was time to try it. I really liked the new formula. Did it perform better? Not sure. I got a fine shave but I can't compare it to the original since this was my first shave with this razor, which turned out to be very smooth and mild. I really like the scent and feel of the new Cremo. Not sure about the tea tree oil, don't have much experience with that but the combination of peppermint and menthol gave a really nice cooling tingly sensation which I really enjoyed. I'll have to try it with some razors I know better to form an opinion as to if the formula shaves better than the original. My first thought is quite likely it's better since this was a good shave and don't recall having a shave without issues with the original formula. But again, without a frame of reference, I can't say for sure this is true. Maybe I'll shave with everything the same but the cream tomorrow and see how that goes...

All products used this morning made in the good ol' USA

View attachment 632206

Cremo is an awesome pre shave/ under lather in my opinion. I like to apply cremo original followed by a face lather of vanderhagen. Great results. Can't wait to try the new version. It'll be nice to add that mint kick to the shave in the summer.

Cremo is an awesome pre shave/ under lather in my opinion. I like to apply cremo original followed by a face lather of vanderhagen. Great results. Can't wait to try the new version. It'll be nice to add that mint kick to the shave in the summer.
I should have said that I have had good luck using the original Cremo formula as a preshave, not so much as a shave cream. YMMV.

I used the same razor today, with the same blade on the second use, but with the original Cremo formula.

The feel and scent weren't nearly as nice as the Cooling formula. And I got one nick and an area of irritation with the original formula which seems to be par for the course with me. Yesterday the Cooling formula shave had no nicks or irritation. So the Cremo Cooling shave cream seems an all around improvement in my use and a winner for me, YMMV.

$NFCConferenceChampionshipShaveWithDadsRazor2.jpg

I used the same razor today, with the same blade on the second use, but with the original Cremo formula.

The feel and scent weren't nearly as nice as the Cooling formula. And I got one nick and an area of irritation with the original formula which seems to be par for the course with me. Yesterday the Cooling formula shave had no nicks or irritation. So the Cremo Cooling shave cream seems an all around improvement in my use and a winner for me, YMMV.

View attachment 632435
thanks for your post I was wondering how it went I'll have to try and pick up the cooling if I find it

Cremo with Menthol and no orange-creamcicle scent?

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

No kidding, I was wincing at the orange-creamcicle scent this morning. It didn't bother before but after using the new cooling formula, I wasn't liking going back.

No kidding, I was wincing at the orange-creamcicle scent this morning. It didn't bother before but after using the new cooling formula, I wasn't liking going back.
do you think its worth the 5.67 for a tube of it. I hardly use the original I got, saw it at a Walmart near my house last night and was thinking if I should get one or not they had 3 tubes or so of it and they are stocked up on vdh luxury I haven't tried yet only deluxe

do you think its worth the 5.67 for a tube of it. I hardly use the original I got, saw it at a Walmart near my house last night and was thinking if I should get one or not they had 3 tubes or so of it and they are stocked up on vdh luxury I haven't tried yet only deluxe

I think Cremo Cooling is good and worth trying and don't regret my purchase at all. Of course I have no way to guarantee you'll like it. Van Der Hagen is less expensive of course. If you want to try that first for less money, go for it. I'm cheap and like less expensive [emoji1] , up to you.

I see that Cremo Cooling is now listed on the Target web site:
http://www.target.com/p/cremo-cooling-shave-cream-6-fl-oz/-/A-18782616

Top Bottom