What's new

Axle blew on my '02 ram 1500

Was doing some driving around town and everything was going smooth for about an hour. I stopped at cvs to get a bottle of clubman pinaud and when I got back in my truck I left the parking lot and heard the worst grinding you have ever heard coming from my front end. I know nothing about parts to a truck or how they work but apparently there was a leak in my differential housing it started to slip and it blew out my axle. I purchased it 2 years ago with 113k miles on it after it was sitting for a while. All it needed was brakes and it drove beautiful for 2 years, I only put 2k miles on it since I got it. The furthest I ever drove it was to City field (around 50 from my house) in September to see the Yankees play the Mets in the Subway Series. I'm a very conservative driver, I never beat on my truck or used it for work and always took take car of the truck (so I thought) Like I said I don't know much about automobiles but if there is one thing I do know is that a $1600 bill means a lot of work for a 20 year old who works for his dad part time mixing cement by hand for $10 an hour. Not to mention the east coast is expecting a snow storm on Friday night into Saturday and of course Friday is the first time I'm working since before Christmas and am going to be mixing outside in the elements. I wish I could work more but unfortunately not many people want tile done in the winter. Looks like my dreams of trying a bunch of new soaps and exploring the rest of the wet shaving world is going to be limited to some Barbasol and a Dorco razor in my 50+ year old SuperSpeed for some time to come. Things could always be worse and I'm grateful for that. Thanks for sticking around for another rant, sometimes writing your feelings down makes it hurt a little less. :bored::closedeye

I've never owned one but I've heard a whole lot of horror stories about Dodge trucks. Of course every brand has its horror stories - I've personally sworn to never buy another General Motors truck, based on my own experiences, even though other people have good luck with them.

hang in there! I have a '98 Ram 1500 and it has been a great run around, hunt, fish, camp, tow vehicle. It sure seems like vehicles always breakdown at the worse possible time. Hope you get beyond this and back in the shaving goods acquisition game!

Sorry to hear about your truck! The 4x4 system on my 06 F-250 went out this year just before an ice storm. All is well now, however, I am glad there wasn't any other cars on the road when I was driving! Fixing these things is so expensive... Glad your situation was not worse.

Sorry to hear about your truck! The 4x4 system on my 06 F-250 went out this year just before an ice storm. All is well now, however, I am glad there wasn't any other cars on the road when I was driving! Fixing these things is so expensive... Glad your situation was not worse.

Thanks James. I could never see myself without a truck, I got too used to how versatile they are. Could always be worse right? Glad your situation worked out as well. Be safe out there buddy!

Top Bottom