What's new

Anybody here do 4 passes?

Minimum three and a touch up but I shave every day. On those rare occasions when I've let some growth accumulate, I can occasionally get away with a two pass (WTG, ATG).

I used to do 3+ cleanup, but now I just do a formal fourth. Probably about 20 min, but I never time it as I shave in the evenings when I'm not rushed.

I shave every other day...2 passes on the easy stuff,4 to 5 on the jawline,which needs up ,down and side strokes to achieve a BBS...

I've done 3 passes with a Trac II once. Not sure if 4 would be a good idea.
Wouldn't multiple passes with a multi-blade razor be bad?

I usually need 4 DE passes because I shave at like 6AM, because I want it to last throughout the evening.

I do three with my DE. If I need a fourth for a cleanup, I'm ashamed to say I pull out an old carto to do the trick. Now...I don't need to do it often...but sometimes it helps. Hey, if you're face can handle four passes and you get DFS or BBS, why does it matter? And to answer your other question...I'm not sure. I'd guess 10-20 minutes depending on the soap, blade, and razor I'm using on any given day.

Yes, I shave daily and do 4 passes with a DE or straight razor. How long the shave lasts would depend on what an individual considers acceptable before another shave is considered necessary.

Bob

I used to do 3 or 4 passes. Over time, I've settled in with a daily 2 pass shave. Occasionally I'll need a little touch up. All in all, 5-7 minutes from start to finish with a badger or synthetic brush, 10-15 minutes with boar or horse.

i do 2 main passes WTG then ATG. after i rinse off the left over soap i run my hands over my face to see any areas that need touch up as well as what direction i need to go. usually its 2.5 passes, and it takes me around 20 minutes to shave, i go a little slower just cause im still learning,

I do 3 with heavy cleanup because there are a number of places that need the extra attention - essentially 4 passes.
i can't shave more than twice within a 7 day period so it's not a big deal recovery wise. If I had to shave more often than that I'd be in trouble though

I always do 4 passes and it takes me 5-6 minutes

After my hot shower (during which I wash my face and stubble well with regular soap) I simply re-wet my face with hot water and put on some shaving foam (usually Proraso green) from a can.

Than I take my trusty Mercur 34c (loaded with a Feather or a Persona or a Shark blade) and do a quick 4 pass shave (with the grain,across to the right,across to the left and against the grain).

The secret is to shave SMALL areas (around 3 sq cm) and perform ALL passes at the same time rewetting your face w/ a bit of hot water after each pass thus eliminating relathering.

So what I do is shave a 3 sq.cm area w/ the grain with shaving foam on it and than immediately re-wet the SAME area with a bit of hot water (I simply dip my finger into hot water and drag it over the particular area on my face) and shave the same area across the grain to the right than re-wet and shave the same area across the grain to the left and than re-wet and shave the same against the grain (yes the water reactivates the "invisible film" the shaving foam leaves and provides plenty of glide and slickness).

Than I move to the next area and do the same all over again ( I start on my half right cheek under my ear,move to the other half closer to my nose,moove to the right side of my neck than move to my left cheek and left side of the neck and leave my nose & mouth/chin areas for last)

I do this VERY fast (I have been shaving with a DE for more than 30 years so I have very good technique) and this way I do a complete 4 pass shave in around 5-6 minutes.

I have been shaving like this for ever and the result is BBS everytime not different from my leisurely 4 pass shave that I do on Sundays using a brush and shaving soap.

Top Bottom