What's new

Perfumania has a very good sale going on with Tabac

No pucks in stock, but they do have the bowls. I couldn't help myself...I bought 2 bowls for a grand total of $4.24 delivered! I was able to use a 20% discount + 1200 points from signing up for their loyalty program this morning. I already have more soap that I can use in the next 5+ years, but this deal was too good to pass up! I've got to get my head examined....:001_unsur

No pucks in stock, but they do have the bowls. I couldn't help myself...I bought 2 bowls for a grand total of $4.24 delivered! I was able to use a 20% discount + 1200 points from signing up for their loyalty program this morning. I already have more soap that I can use in the next 5+ years, but this deal was too good to pass up! I've got to get my head examined....:001_unsur

Wow. I just noticed that there's an automatic 20% off code added! The price for the shaving bowl is even better now than the $8.50 per bowl several weeks ago! I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't rather buy that terrific ceramic bowl with soap for another $2 rather than the puck, considering that the bowl goes for $20 to $25 almost everywhere. If I didn't already buy 4 bowls, I'd buy another!

I gave the samples to my wife who then asked me how I got them! I said they "came in the mail" :laugh:
I gave mine to a co-worker who is into fragrances. I also asked her to give my Tabac EdC a "sniff-test" and it got a thumbs-up. But she says it smells better when I'm wearing it than it does from the bottle.

My second order from Perfumania also contained female samplers. Two duplicates from before and a new one. I'll probably give them to the same person.

Refills gone again :blink: does the bowl come with a puck ? I have a bowl but if it comes with a soap puck I can pif the bowl and still come out ahead.

I'm such a slacker... Would've loved to try Tabac cream, but picked up 3 bowls for $26 anyways since I love their soap. Thanks, OP..

I'm such a slacker... Would've loved to try Tabac cream, but picked up 3 bowls for $26 anyways since I love their soap. Thanks, OP..
get the Tabac cream ... even if you have to pay full price for it.

I always SuperLather Tabac cream and soap together, but if I had to choose just one to shave with (like when I'm traveling) it would be the cream.

get the Tabac cream ... even if you have to pay full price for it.

I always SuperLather Tabac cream and soap together, but if I had to choose just one to shave with (like when I'm traveling) it would be the cream.
Thanks for the suggestion. That'll be on my next order.

I'm beginning to think that my water in Austin doesn't work as well with Tabac soap as water in Houston, but I've yet to test further. My face never looked so good after a shave as it did during a trip to Houston this past Christmas. I'm currently taking a break from wet-shaving; resorted to just the hair trimmer again. Hopefully, Tabac cream will be better in Austin.

Don't mention it! I'm tempted to buy another bowl and another Edc at these prices. Has anyone been able to remove the puck without scratching it? I would just wrap it in foil or plastic wrap and use that fantastic bowl for other soaps. I already bought 4 bowls but one more could join the crowd!

Don't mention it! I'm tempted to buy another bowl and another Edc at these prices. Has anyone been able to remove the puck without scratching it? I would just wrap it in foil or plastic wrap and use that fantastic bowl for other soaps. I already bought 4 bowls but one more could join the crowd!
I thought the bowls were plastic at first, but they're actually ceramic. What a bargain! I only had the Tabac stick initially.

Having forgotten about this deal, I purchased one via Amazon. The puck fell straight out when inverted. Maybe the clearance was for the old, stuck to the bowl method..

The bowls that are being shipped by Perfumania are the bowls and boxes with the latest logos that were updated in 2014. The Tabac label is embossed on the top of the box and the Tabac logo looks like the one at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.tabac-original.com/index.php?id=135

Note that the latest Tabac logo is just the name "Tabac Original" without the slanted underline that was previously used.

The bowls that are being shipped by Perfumania are the bowls and boxes with the latest logos that were updated in 2014. The Tabac label is embossed on the top of the box and the Tabac logo looks like the one at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.tabac-original.com/index.php?id=135

Note that the latest Tabac logo is just the name "Tabac Original" without the slanted underline that was previously used.
They have changed the design of their logo and packaging many times since Tabac was introduced in 1959.

Personally, I like the slanted version.

At least they didn't reformulate any of the product. (Knock on wood.)

They have changed the design of their logo and packaging many times since Tabac was introduced in 1959.

Personally, I like the slanted version.

At least they didn't reformulate any of the product. (Knock on wood.)

Unlike many other fragrance houses, Maurer and Wirtz along with Chanel are still formulating their older scents. Chanel Pour Monsieur is one of my all time favorites. It was developed 4 years before Tabac in 1955, and is terrific to this day. As someone on Basenotes described it, "class in a bottle", which can also pertain to Tabac cologne. Some feel that Chanel may have updated it. I haven't bought it in years (I still have about 1/4 of a bottle from the 1980's) and it's still quite expensive. I have fond memories of this one. If you happen to embrace a woman for even just a friendly hug when wearing Chanel Pour Monsieur, she's not going to forget you.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120336.html
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Chanel/Pour-Monsieur-615.html

Ach, stop tempting me! I'm on a Restraint/3017 for 2016 (check my sig), but I loooove Tabac and my bowl is almost empty.

:sad:

But I can't do it, even though it's a ridiculous deal. I will stay strong. And sad. Strong and sad and almost out of Tabac...

:a36:

Top Bottom