What's new

SEVENTH ANNUAL "One Blade in February" Challenge - 2016 Edition

Feb 9. Shave 5
NEW LC
Voskhod (5)
Evo 24mm
PdP
Glacial Wintergreen

Noticing some small changes in the blade. A little more work needed in the chin area. Still a good shave with no irritation. Might move it to a different razor for kicks.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Hmm. Shave #7 with the Polsilver SI did not go particularly well, hearkening back to the days I was still trying to get the hang of this.

Hmm. Shave #7 with the Polsilver SI did not go particularly well, hearkening back to the days I was still trying to get the hang of this.

You could try flipping over the blade. A couple of days ago someone flipped over their blade and said it was smooth again.

Day 10
Shave 10(Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge)

Prep- Cerave Face wash / Shave lather on face for two minutes and rinse off
Cream- 2015 B&B Soap for Hope
Shave- 3 Pass no tugging
Post- Myrsol Antesol

SOTD
E2 Fatboy
(for FB Feb) on 4
Gillette Nacet (10)
Omega 10066

Haslinger Coconut (in a Seaforth mug)
Witch hazel w/menthol added
Lucky Tiger
Stirling SDM ASB
Pinaud Clubman AS

I have to say that I was disappointed in today's shave. I ended up with a few tiny nicks, which I think may be the usual for me with this blade, and one slightly larger nick. I'm having issues in areas that aren't usual problematic and so it may just be that the Nacet and I don't get on - this is the first one I've used. It could also be that the blade is just tired, as my stubble felt longer than usual this morning.

I'll dial the FB back to 3 and push through the next two shaves and see how it feels.

Shave 10 with the 7 O'clock Yellow. Switched to a late '40s Super Speed. Same soap, Mitchell's Wool Fat. Forgot to let it soak in and started shaving right away after lathering. I have to say it was a very nice shave! Still feel a little tugging, but much closer than yesterday.

Shave 20 with the German Wilkinson Sword blade. Still using my Gillette ball end Tech. Vintage Williams for lather and finished with vintage Aqua Velva ice blue, my usual Williams Wednesday shave. BBS results though with a bit of razor burn on the neck and chin. Overly aggressive technique is my guess. Will relax a bit tomorrow.

Shave #5 this month.
Shave #10 on Personna Red blade (average 2+ days growth per shave)
in my beloved Fatip Piccolo. :001_wub:

This is my highest shave count on a blade ever (double figures at last!). I've been paying lots of attention to my technique and it's definitely paying off. BBS shave today. The blade feels as good (if not better) than the first day, and I always love "day one" shaves with Personna Reds.
Thank you B&B and all concerned with the "One Blade Challenge," fabulous! :thumbup:

You could try flipping over the blade. A couple of days ago someone flipped over their blade and said it was smooth again.

Smooth, but not sure how well it's working out as the next day (while being smooth) I cut a sliver of skin off my jaw. Of course, that may have been operator error. ;) Also, I stropped it on a towel before and after flipping the razor--dunno how it would have reacted if I had just flipped it without stropping or if I had only stropped after flipping it.

Day 10, shave 11:

Astra SP + ATT R1
Proraso Pre/post Green
KMF Cool Mint + Col Conk Bayrum
WSP "Prince" silvertip

Today was fast and furious because I didn't realize how late it was. Doesn't feel bad now, but doesn't feel great either. Meh.

Shave 11 - 19th for blade.

Must have been a bad shave the other day as the blade seems to have settled down and is giving good smooth results again.

Day 10
Muhle R41 UFO TitanFine
AstraSP (10)
Soap for Hope
Fine Platinum

It's been a while for this razor, very close in performance to the Shavecraft Tech. Still have a lotta love for the R41.

Day 10
Shave 10(Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge)

Prep- Cerave Face wash / Shave lather on face for two minutes and rinse off
Cream- 2015 B&B Soap for Hope
Shave- 3 Pass no tugging
Post- Myrsol Antesol

Day 10
Shave 11
Prep- Shower
Soap- B&B Soap for Hope 2015
3pass shave
Finish- Myrsol Antesol

Day 10, shave 8 - head and throat

Dettol cool with the Fatboy set to 6 and a Personna 74 blade. Good smooth shave. The Dettol wasn't as cool as I had hoped, we are having a winter heat wave - almost 90 degrees the past couple days.

Day 11 and 10 shaves

Cella soap
NEW SC
Voskhod (10)
Pinaud Vanilla

First pass wasn't as smooth as usual, but the second pass was pretty nice. This is usually the point where I go ahead and grab a new blade. I think the roughness was due to not quite correct lather though. I'm going to keep it going, and see where I get. I feel pretty confident I can get quite a few more shaves on this blade.

Top Bottom