What's new

Which bath soap has lasted the longest for you?

I've been very impressed by the longevity of Pre de Provence No.63. The stuff seems to last forever. It must be the quad-milled process.

I know that several brands make huge 8oz bars that are triple milled, and I know that a lot of guys here use artisan soaps that tend to last a month that AREN'T triple-milled, but what soaps have impressed you with their longevity?

Crabtree and Evelyn bars are extremely hard and seem to last forever. I bought a 3-pack and has to park each bar halfway through it's life just to keep my need for variety happy. Great soap too.

Kalastyle Cedarwood Soap and their Spruce Soap & Musgo Real Lime Basil bars have great longevity for me.

Last edited:
The puck of MWF I'm using in the shower. It won't create lather on my face, so I'll let it create some elsewhere.
Sorry to hear that. MWF is one of the best shaving soaps I've ever used. The bath soap version is good, but doesn't have the same scent as the shaving soap.

I concur with MWF. I've only ever bowl lathered it, but it never seems to disappear from the IKEA tin. You should see the amount of lather that goes down the drain after a three pass shave, sometimes I just don't know how much I really need because it feels so good.

Sorry to hear that. MWF is one of the best shaving soaps I've ever used. The bath soap version is good, but doesn't have the same scent as the shaving soap.

I know it's got a good rep, and it feels awesome as a bath soap. Just wouldn't lather for me.....but I've got a puck of Haslinger Schafmilch, which, as I understand it, is basically the same experience.

Lasted like 3 weeks, didn't make a lather, couldn't get rid of it fast enough
proxy.php

As far as longevity goes the PDP soaps seem to last forever. RazoRock soaps lasted for 75 showers which is really good for the $3 it cost for the bar, plus the Son of Zeus scent lasted thru the whole bar. Would reorder in the future without hesitation.

$IMG_3567.jpg
Another vote for Ivory though it isn`t considered a long lasting soap but it lasts long enough for me. Each bar last about 4 weeks. I always have Ivory placed like this so the bottom dries nicely therefore it doesn`t get water logged in order to avoid premature wear.

Last edited:
Kirks Coco Castile Bar Soap seems to last forever to me. The bars seem small, but it is a very dense soap and creates wonderful later. I find that it does strip oil from the skin, and it is probably too harsh for anyone with sensitive skin to use daily. I get about a month per 4oz. bar of Coco Castile, and I wash my hair with it as well.

Top Bottom