What's new

Review of Mini Moustachery product line

So I follow a Utah Shavers group page on facebook. And a while back someone on there stated he was opening a shave shop in Orem/Provo area about 45 min drive for me. He was going to call it the Mini Moustachery, and I knew that I would eventually have to make the trek down there one day to finally go into a real shave shop.

So last week I was in the area and I stopped by, picked some razorock tubs, osage rub, and Mr. Fine aftershave. He has a large selection and I was in awe at all the Nathan Clark brushes. I could spend a lot of money here. Well anyways as I was leaving I was having a great conversation with the owner and he asked me to take a tub of his cream and aftershave if I promised to provide an honest review. I agreed to just that. The cream is scented in cedarwood and the aftershave balm in sandalwood. Here is my review after using both products for a week straight.

Cream: Very easy to lather, provides a nice thick lather with acceptable cushion. Scent is a little light I wish it was stronger. Lather created well with boar, badger, and synthetic. The only thing this cream lacks is glide, I felt it was really lacking here, but still serviceable. I am usually a soap guy but this cream does work and should be tried because it is a nice cream. Overall I would give it a grade of 7/10

Aftershave balm: Wow oh wow this balm is fantastic! The scent is superb and much stronger than the cream! And it has lasting power, it has been 6 hours since my shave as of right now and I must admit it still smells great. The balm provided all that want in an aftershave product, not to greasy, and healed my face well, and added moisture back into my skin. I would honestly compare this to my soap commander balms. My only complaint was it is a tad bit more greasy compared to soap commander, but this shouldn't deter you from this balm! I will definitely be going back down to buy a full bottle of the balm! I LOVE IT. 9.5/10

I realized on my drive home from the shop I did not take any pictures of the shop... stupid me... I guess I need to go back! A picture will be in the next post that shows the lather! Go to there website and give them a try. I am in no way affiliated with Mini Moustachery just an excited consumer who finally has a shave shop that is in his state! The owner also said that potentially after the first quarter he will open a second shop in salt lake since so far business has been booming for him.

$uploadfromtaptalk1452621907317.jpg

If you could would you compare the products to some others so we can understand your baseline metrics?
Thanks for the review!

Top Bottom