What's new

February Mess Hall Group Cookout - Theme: Mac & Cheese

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mess Hall Group Cookout

Everyone likes a cookout. So that's what we're doing. It will be a lot of fun and this includes you. The idea of the cookout is very simple. We plan on having a monthly cookout with a theme where everyone is cooking the same thing. Any and all members are welcomed to join. The cookout dates will be posted so you will have plenty of time to gather your ideas and ingredients. A “theme” of what’s to be cooked will also be posted. Each participating member will cook from their own home using any method they see fit, (including inside ovens and stove-tops) but staying within the theme for that week. Posting time will include two weekends from Saturday through to the next Sunday, so you will have plenty of time to help you prepare and post. Of course all your efforts will have to be documented with pictures of at least the final product along with a short tutorial.

The real fun will be getting to see what other fellow members come up with across the world. Come on out and join us. You have to eat, so you might as well show us how you cook.

February Mess Hall Group Cookout

Dates: Starts Saturday 2-6-2016, Ends Sunday 2-14-2016

Theme: Mac & Cheese

If you want in, Just say I'm cookin'!!!

Ok. Since I was the inspiration, I guess I have to. Go ahead, twist my arm. No really. Twist it.

Ow.

OK, I'm cookin!

Just how literal/liberal is the definition of macaroni/mac? My mind's eye immediately zeroes in and locks on small elbows, can't shake it.

dave

Just how literal/liberal is the definition of macaroni/mac? My mind's eye immediately zeroes in and locks on small elbows, can't shake it.

dave

IMO I think as long as the major ingredients are cheese and pasta, and it's combined/mixed together as opposed to "assembled" (like say, a lasagna) then you're good.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thought maybe there were more cheese heads out there. I guess no one likes cheese anymore. Good, more for us that signed up.:001_smile

...and where's [MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION]? I know you like cheese. Sure would like to see mac & cheese messing up that new kitchen.:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom