What's new

February Mess Hall Group Cookout - Theme: Mac & Cheese

Cluck!

Really good. The cheese was more cayenne flavored, so the chipotle sausage wasn't the best fit, but I'd definitely do this again. Next time I'll try whole chilis rather than powders.

If only the cilantro would bloom in my aerogarden.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Sorry was doing too much at once to get the step by step pictures. But here is the finished product along with some mahi-mahi on a bed of spinach.
attachment.php

As you can tell from the fork I almost forget to take this photo. I built a béchamel sauce base with onions in it and then added the milk, sharp and mild cheddars, and some Gruyere. Tasted fantastic especially as I have been dieting for awhile now and haven't been eating much calorically dense and rich foods. It is worth it as I have lost 16 pounds with a goal to lose 8 more.

Looks great!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Sorry was doing too much at once to get the step by step pictures. But here is the finished product along with some mahi-mahi on a bed of spinach. View attachment 636699

As you can tell from the fork I almost forget to take this photo. I built a béchamel sauce base with onions in it and then added the milk, sharp and mild cheddars, and some Gruyere. Tasted fantastic especially as I have been dieting for awhile now and haven't been eating much calorically dense and rich foods. It is worth it as I have lost 16 pounds with a goal to lose 8 more.

Looks great Dave. It seems your New Years resolution is paying off even with a serving of Mac & Cheese.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
This Valentine's Day I'm finishing up some Mac & Cheese leftovers, rounded out with some pecan & berry salad and ranch broccoli.

$Berry & Pecan Salad.jpg $Mac & Cheese Leftovers.jpg

Stove top mac and cheese with Rapini- scratch pasta.

Pasta, one pound durum flour and five large eggs. Been years since i pulled out the pasta machine, finally got my head around it, there's no place in he kitchen to roll but in the dining room, bingo.

Sauce, one cup creme fraiche, 5oz. grated Fontina, a couple ounces each of old english cheddar and parmesan, the last bits in the fridge, a couple egg yolks.

Everything but yolks melted together in a double boiler.

Pasta cooked with a bunch of Rapini

Yolks added to cheese pot then that added and mixed into the drained pasta/rapini.

Salt & pepper to taste, more parmesan to top dishes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Those are some great entries [MENTION=7330]Intrigued[/MENTION] & [MENTION=89559]davent[/MENTION]. Thanks for participating and showing us your good stuff. :thumbup1:

Gentlemen, looking fantastic! I have to apologies but we have had some family issues come up this week which precluded my getting my dish done in time. I will prepare it as soon as I can.

Thanks for understanding!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Gentlemen, looking fantastic! I have to apologies but we have had some family issues come up this week which precluded my getting my dish done in time. I will prepare it as soon as I can.

Thanks for understanding!

Family is first.

My appologies for the missed cook out its been a crazy month of February! Lots of great looking Mac!!! Mine usually is a bechamel base using the rendered bacon fat for my roux. I look forward to seeing next month.

Top Bottom