What's new

Wade & Butcher restoration by mycarver

Got the email today that my W&B is on it's way back to me from a full restoration by exquisiteblade.com (mycarver).

After going over a few options, we decided to replicate the blade's original look. He beautifully recreated the scales from blonde horn. He was also able to reuse the original lead wedge and dome washers.

The blade itself looks amazing and he ensured that the maker's mark wasn't damaged any more than it already was from pitting.

Overall, mycarver was an absolute pleasure to do business with. He constantly kept me updated with the progress and was very pleasant to communicate with. The turn around time was extremely fast! It took 5 days from when he received it to sending it back. Thank you very much, Mark! Here are the before and after pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed this. Thank you . Here are a few shots of the scales during the build and a section of the old ones where I cleaned it up to get an idea of what they might have looked like. You can see how they yellow and get cloudy which just applying oil will not remedy.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 120
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 121
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 117
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg