What's new

Got my AlumiGoose today.

When I got my email from them they said they don't have pricing on them yet, so I think the introductory prices of $70 (head) and $75 (whole razor) are going to be changed.

The price of the head only for the AlumiGoose was $70. That was a short test run only. They are now coming out with a new version II of the AlumiGoose. It should be available to buy online soon. Here is a picture of it in gunmetal grey. It has a hex handle and the corners of the head are trimmed a little to make it a bit smaller.

View attachment 634263

gotta be patient :)
Greetings from Mongoose,

Thank you for interest in the new AlumiGoose from Mongoose Razors - we really appreciate it. As you may know, the “working face” of the head has same great geometry as the stainless steel, but it is manufactured of lighter weight aluminum. We have done a little redesigning of the head to give it an even smaller profile and created a nicely balanced hex-shaped handle to go with it.

We are in full production of the AlumiGoose now, with inventory starting to ramp up. Unlike in the past, we will be selling the AlumiGoose through a couple of the online shops (as opposed to the direct Mongoose-to-Customer model we have been using). This will let you buy the razor, blades and any other shave-related things you need in one stop. We will take your name and email (please make sure we have your actual name and not an email nickname or first name only) for your interest in the AlumiGoose. As soon as we’re ready for market (in the next several weeks) we will contact you, likely in conjunction with the selected vendors, with all purchasing information. Pricing is expected to be about $99 (not including shipping – our resellers will determine shipping).

There's no need to respond to this message unless the email you sent didn't include your full name. Thanks again for your interest in Mongoose Razors and the all-new AlumiGoose.

Best Regards,
The Mongoose Team

I put a Weber Wave handle on my AlumiGoose today and it feels really nice. With the light aluminum head and the short Wave handle it is very nimble and just feels nice to use. If you have an AlumiGoose I recommend you give it a try. I think you will like it.

View attachment 681446

Just taken delivery of my Alumigoose today:
proxy.php

Thanks to another great transaction with [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] it came with a Dr Bomber handle and I'm excited to try it.

I had a Mongoose SS awhile back and although it was a good shaver I found it a bit rough and not a patch on the Cobra Classic.

Now there are a whole bunch of Artist Club safety razors and the truth is they're all good.
I currently have the El Jefe which is just incredible and feels a lot like Cobra, the RR Hawk which is also amazing with a Pro Super in it and the Rocnel SE50 which is quite different in feel and shaves like a supercharged Wardonia.

So I'm hoping that I will find the Alumigoose more aggressive than the Mongoose SS....

Just taken delivery of my Alumigoose today:
proxy.php

Thanks to another great transaction with [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] it came with a Dr Bomber handle and I'm excited to try it.

I had a Mongoose SS awhile back and although it was a good shaver I found it a bit rough and not a patch on the Cobra Classic.

Now there are a whole bunch of Artist Club safety razors and the truth is they're all good.
I currently have the El Jefe which is just incredible and feels a lot like Cobra, the RR Hawk which is also amazing with a Pro Super in it and the Rocnel SE50 which is quite different in feel and shaves like a supercharged Wardonia.

So I'm hoping that I will find the Alumigoose more aggressive than the Mongoose SS....

I find it way too aggressive for me ! I know you love assertive razors. I hope you ll enjoy it !

This version is a prototype version, i understand that the actual final design is less aggressive and they made the head more nimble.

Fasa

I find it way too aggressive for me ! I know you love assertive razors. I hope you ll enjoy it !

This version is a prototype version, i understand that the actual final design is less aggressive and they made the head more nimble.

Fasa

Excellent!
I see the central post has an indentation to take an Allen key so is it a detachable set screw like the SE50 has?

And when was this prototype head made?
And how, my friend, did you acquire it?

They made only 200 of the prototype, then they came out with version 2 which some guys say is less aggressive. I too have the version 1 but I have tried a version 2 and I didn't see much difference in them.

Good to virtually see you guys, David and Marcus! The band's back together...

I've got the current versions of both the SS version and the Alumigoose. To my face, the SS version is more aggressive. It's difficult to use a Super Pro without irritation. The Alumigoose with a Super Pro is a fine shave. I've been on a Gem blade and injector kick for months (thanks, David!), but I have to get back to my 'Geese soon. I'm sure I'll then be looking at the El Jefe, ATT SE2, etc.

Good to virtually see you guys, David and Marcus! The band's back together...

I've got the current versions of both the SS version and the Alumigoose. To my face, the SS version is more aggressive. It's difficult to use a Super Pro without irritation. The Alumigoose with a Super Pro is a fine shave. I've been on a Gem blade and injector kick for months (thanks, David!), but I have to get back to my 'Geese soon. I'm sure I'll then be looking at the El Jefe, ATT SE2, etc.

Hey good to "see" you too!
This raft of Artist Club safety razors is a great thing for SE shavers eh?

My Alumigoose is still queued up - I'm very pleased to hear that it's on the aggressive side [emoji3]

Hey Scott - I was waiting for you to arrive! Howzit? Queue up Exile On Mainstreet[emoji41]
These AC razors are almost as much fun as Gems and Ever Readys[emoji23]
I just have one Goose, a B3, a great shaver.
Marcus, I still pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming! So many specialty razors both DE and SE being made. It's just marvelous!

Just shaved with the Alumigoose and a Kai Mild:
proxy.php

For me this was the most perfect shave. [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] (who was the previous owner) tells me that this protype is more aggressive than the production model, and I find it superb.
The coupling with the Dr Bomber handle is again perfect weight, balance and grip.

I'm surprised really because the Mongoose SS I had was a good razor but not superb like this.

As we've said before, they're all good.
A bit like straights, the choice between these Artist Club safety razors mainly comes down to aesthetics and ergonomics - they all guarantee a great shave.

And the ones which will use Light, Mild, Pro and Super blades are adjustables too by changing the blade... (although earlier model Cobras, and the Rocnel SE50 won't take the Supers).

I absolutely love the handles, but the aesthetics of the Mongoose heads take a bit of getting used to.
There's something very Bauhaus about them.

Top Bottom