What's new

BOTD - Beer Of The Day - 2016

Last of the Centennial IPA six. Will only replace with something spectacular...

Recommendations welcome! I'm leaning tripel/farmhouse/saison or porter/stout...

I don't think you can go wrong with Saison Dupont. You might be able to still find the dry-hopped version (seasonal release) and Avec les Bons Voeux their winter saison should be out soon. IMO very, very few of the US saisons can compete with Dupont and many cost more as well.

For tripels Triple Karmeliet remains something of a benchmark. Allagash is probably the best widely distributed American tripel that I've had but I'm not sure if they have Florida distribution. I just purchased Ondineke Oilsjtersen Tripel from Klein Brouwerij de Glazen Toren but I haven't opened it yet, everything I've had fro de Glazen Toren has been excellent and they tend to have a slightly different spin Belgian styles.

Thanks for those suggestions! Sound right up my alley! I'll be checking the selection at the local Craft Brewery bar that also does a retail business.

Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. I always look forward to Oktoberfest/Marzen season. Sierra Nevada's have been among the best US versions for the last couple years since they started collaborating with German breweries, Mahrs Brau this year.

Found a couple four packs for the beer fridge. None of the good stuff LostHighway suggested, I'm afraid. They did have Three Philosophers in stock. Went with an old favorite, Tank 7, and Founder's Breakfast Stout. The Breakfast stout has the baby on the label. This is FL, after all.

Lol!
Early start...celebrating today...
Delerium Tremens out of the bottle and a sip of Stone Xocoveza on tap. The Xocoveza is special!
Oktoberfest later!

Found a couple four packs for the beer fridge. None of the good stuff LostHighway suggested, I'm afraid. They did have Three Philosophers in stock. Went with an old favorite, Tank 7, and Founder's Breakfast Stout. The Breakfast stout has the baby on the label. This is FL, after all.

There is nothing wrong with Boulevard Tank 7. It is hoppier than the European archetypes but one of the best, if not the best, affordable American Saisons IMO. Tank 7 has that style-correct really dry finish, too many American Saisons finish under attenuated/too sweet (Ommegang Hennepin I'm looking at you). Sadly, Boulevard doesn't distribute in Maine, at least not yet.

Tonight I had a Bissell Brothers The Substance IPA

Top Bottom