What's new

What Do You Use For Home Defense?

I know differing home environments require different weapons for defense.

I live in the suburbs, so I have a Glock 17(9mm), for those late night knocks at the front door. It's in a pocket, or behind my back.
For anyone foolish enough to break in, during the night, a loaded Remington 870, 12 ga. Is nearby, loaded with 00buck.

If and when I live in the country, after I retire, this might change.

While I have pretty close to your current line-up for my late night zombie eradication kit, it occurs to me that I will be instantly and probably rendered permanently deaf should I discharge either in the confines of my bedroom hall. I too pack 00 and slugs in alternate rounds. (an incredibly lethal combination)
Paying for the stamp to quiet the 17 sounds sexy, but I am torn. I also have a P-22 with a laser and a solvent trap that has a laser sighting device that makes next to no sound at all just the sound of the action. It can rattle off 10 rounds pretty quick and definitely inspire invading Zombies to evacuate my home post haste.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I sleep days with a police cruiser parked in the driveway. This really minimizes the chance of me having to defend myself at home. At night, the wife has a 6' black rod iron fence on the outside perimeter of our property, a 150 and 120 lb Rottweilers patrolling the inside perimeter of that fence, a very cosmetic house design, which helps protect the exterior of the house, and a state of the art alarm system.

If Mr. Boogeyman gets past that, we have a very vicious and rabid weanie dog (Dachsund) patrolling the inside. Trust me, she will go for the throat. :) Our master bedroom and walk in closet's floor plan, gives it a very strategic placement within our house that makes it a perfect safe room. The wife has several firearms at her disposal and choosing.

$Mossberg.jpg

Mossberg 500 with a Surefire forend and a Houge 'entry length' short stock and an 18" barrel. First couple are 00 for distance, and they are followed by #4 buck.

Mossberg 500 field/tactical combo with 00 for the first two rounds then slugs, xds .45, h&k vp 40, glock 17, ruger LC9s, AR 15 in .223 and not that I'd use it but a Remington 700 in 7mm mag; all strategically placed around the house. A pitbull who is really more of a lover but she is a good guard dog, multiple different combat knives and when all that fails a few years of Krav Maga. May sound like overkill but everyone need a hobby. If I really wanted to get the drop on someone I have some freshly honed straights that could cause a good neck weeper.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I learned hand to hand combat in the Army.

When I see the enemy, I yell, "On guard."

That gets me riled up.

Then I run after the intruder ready to give him a karate chop.

I'm British.

So a stern look and harsh words.

Monty Python on British policing: "Stop! . . . or I'll say 'Stop!' again!" :laugh:

We have a big, open floor plan and live in the middle of the forest, so the scary black rifle is next to the bed. Also available (since there's two of us) is a PPQ loaded with HST.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Loaded guns everywhere and the ability to use them, no kids, few visitors. (This is NOT a suggestion!) Doors locked even when at home and alarm system on when out.

Top Bottom