What's new

Trask

Saw a really nice black shoe (gallatin) and brown boot (gulch) by a company called Trask on the Pendleton website. Anyone have experience with their comfort, sizing, and how well they hold up?

The cognac Fisk model is also pretty sweet.

PS if you are in NY and know where they are sold here that would be great to know.

Last edited:
I owned a pair of Trask shoes similar to the brown Gallatin 2.0 (probably the original version) around 1997 or 1998....

http://www.trask.com/men/mens-shoes...bon American Bison&dwvar_1750_width=M#start=5

I remember because I remember buying them and a matching belt at Johnston & Murphy when I worked as a consultant. I really liked the shoes and haven't really seen them around town since. Back then they were good shoes and personally, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

According to their website they can....I couldn't resole mine because I wore through them too much (I asked a cobbler - he said it was too late).

I've had seven or eight pairs over the years. Far and away my favorite brand. They last forever, can be resoled, and don't seem to go out of style. I'm a fan of their soles in our Minnesota winters - great traction.

I've had seven or eight pairs over the years. Far and away my favorite brand. They last forever, can be resoled, and don't seem to go out of style. I'm a fan of their soles in our Minnesota winters - great traction.

I've had the same experience. Have had multiple pairs of Gallatin's, but only one pair left that are about 10+ years old. They have a service (Nushoe.com) that resoles, restitches, etc to keep them going a long time. I've had my current pair redone twice in those 10 years.

I got rid of 4 or so pairs about 5 or 6 years ago, due to HS Trask selling out to another company in California. They started selling 'Cali' type shoes and discontinued the shoes that I had normally purchased, so I got away from them. In the past year or 2? they have come back to their roots and offer the Gallatin's again, although at about a $100 premium over what I had paid in the past. As an aside, I found that another company actually manufactures the shoes for Trask, but the name escapes me currently.

I had two pair of Trask bluchers in the 1990s. Comfortable for sure. My wife hated one pair because they left scuff marks on the floor. I never resolved them because the uppers were ready to go when the soles had worn out.

These days I am wearing AE, Red Wings and Church's.

Top Bottom