What's new

Handwritten review of the Nemosine Singularity

I apologize for the horrible handwriting I'm working on it I swear. Now below is my review of the Nemosine Singularity. Now this was just my experience yours might be totally different ymmv of course.
$2016-01-04 20.48.02.jpg

Now even with all that work I had to do with the pen I ended up only paying 15 dollars for the pen with 15 black cartridges and free shipping so I still consider it a good deal. Let me know what you think or your experience with you singularity

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with your Nemosine. Glad you were able to tune it up to your satisfaction. What nib does yours have? I have a few Nemosine pens and have never had any trouble with mine, some of the nibs write smoother than others, but never any flow issues. I would rate my experience with them as totally satisfactory for the price and performance one would expect for comparable pens.

My EF Nemosine is the exact same. Scratchy, dries up even if capped. The plastic around the threads on the cap is breaking off.

Long story short, its a pretty pen that looks good sitting on my desk, but not for my hand.

strop

Now half as wise
All the EF nibs I've used, from vintage to modern, including Pilot and Sailor, have been scratchy and dry out easier thatn their F and M counterparts. Never used the Nemosine, so can't compare, but it is the nature of the beast.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks for the review, kcore. Sounds like yours was a little finicky.

The plastic around the threads on the cap is breaking off.

Long story short, its a pretty pen that looks good sitting on my desk, but not for my hand.

The cap started crumbling around the band on mine after a few months of light use. Plus occasionally the section unscrews when uncapping -- annoying as heck.

When writing mine is OK but I end up not using it often.

Thank you guys and yes the pen was super finicky I believe that its really hit or miss with the nib mine came with the stock nemosine nib in fine made in Germany. I actually enjoyed working on the pen to get it to flow correctly I just really wish I had a loupe to look at the tines would have made things way easier. Oh well live and learn!

This was my first thought, and coincidentally my first EF nib. My other two pens are just F. That being said, how quick it dries out is remarkable and not worth the hassle. I have a feeling its a combo of a dry pen and a itty bitty nib.

All the EF nibs I've used, from vintage to modern, including Pilot and Sailor, have been scratchy and dry out easier thatn their F and M counterparts. Never used the Nemosine, so can't compare, but it is the nature of the beast.

I have a 0.6mm and 0.8mm stub and neither of them write. They sorta kinda almost wrote when I got it, but they are all but useless. I set them aside to tinker with them when I felt more comfortable doing it, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who had problems with these pens.

So about two or three days ago I wrote to the vendor about the issues I was having with the nib of the pen and they got back to me again through email and they are going to send me a replacement nib in Medium this time for free. Hopefully this time around with the nib goes way better. Either way the nib might have been a disappointment but I'm very happy with the company's customer service

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My favorite nib from Nemosine is the 0.6 mm italic and I have ordered several Nemosine 0.6 mm nibs to use in other pens that accept these #6 nibs. Italic nibs are a bit more sensitive to the angle in which they are held as compared to other grinds. The wider the nib, the more sensitive it will be to the angle it is used.

My Singularity's cap basically committed suicide after about a year, they sent me a replacement no questions asked.

The 0.6 mm nib is still not my favorite, though. Nothing is particularly wrong with it, just never quite got it to write smoothly. I need to find a replacement somewhere one of these days to try out.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Although I have yet to use it, it seems Nemosine has some pretty good customer service. To me the attraction to the Nemosine and similar pens is the ability to easily swap out nibs from various sources for relatively little money, rather than buying a whole new pen. For the price point, I would expect the occasional material failure , but with a three year warranty and good customer service, all is good for me.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Haven't tried a Nemosine, yet. When I search for one, I'm only finding it on Amazon, eBay, and one online retailer. Does anyone know why they're so exclusive? Or, am I just not up to par with my internet retailor searches?

You can find them from xfountainpens.com they are made by them but under a different name. In all honesty I havent had too much luck with mine the cap cracked twice the first time they sent me a replacement cap the second time I just glued the cap and didn't bother with letting them know I'm sure they would have sent a replacement with no issue the. I do enjoy the nemosine nibs though I have one in my noodlers konrad and in a Jinhao x750

Top Bottom