What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

8 hours and the bone slid right out. Time to pull some pork!
proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Not the best pork roast I've done but good. Under seasoned. It really needed one more hour...wife was hungry. Pretty good smoke ring though. Turned them into some quesadillas.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

I got a good deal on this 4 pound rib eye roast, I cut it in half and did a reverse sear

Attachments

• $DSC_0008.jpg
    $DSC_0008.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 57
  • $DSC_0011.jpg
    $DSC_0011.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 60
I forgot to take pictures, but I thought I'd throw this in here anyway -- I grilled some boneless chicken thighs last night. I marinated them in Stubb's Green Chili marinade. That were fantastic! The marinade has a good green chili flavor, slightly sweet (a little heavy on the salt, but that's typical of pre-made marinades.)
The sweetness helped the chicken caramelize nicely in the short time it took to cook and although the green chili flavor faded a bit during the cook, it was still very nice and something a little unusual.

proxy.php

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Monday was my first attempt at a smoked pork butt. I mashed together a few recipes so I could use my gas grill and oven because those are the tools I have. I hope I don't get stung up for it. :blink:

http://www.barbellsandbellinis.com/2013/09/smoked-boston-butt-on-gas-grill.html
http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/pulled-pork-on-gas-grill-not-that-hard/
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/barbecue-pork-butt-recipe.html#communityReviews

Pork Butt smoked with some foil packets of apple & hickory wood chips to 150F, just before wrapping in foil and moving to the oven.
$Smoked Pork Butt.jpg

Pulled from the oven and foil...
$Smoked Pork Butt 2.jpg

and pulled.
$Pulled Pork.jpg $Pulled Pork 2.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
[MENTION=7330]Intrigued[/MENTION]

You did it right. Apply smoke until your satisfied with the bark and look. Transfer to oven for finish. I know you've been watching us, glad you made the attempt. I know it was delicious because you cooked it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I posted this in the Haberdashery, but it fits here, too. I need this apron

Attachments

• $image.jpeg
    $image.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 36

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
OMG...that looks great!

You sure this is your first one?

What rub did you use?

:blushing:

As with most of what I do, it was a carefully followed recipe. :001_rolle

I started with a rub of..... 8T drk. brown sugar, 2T sea salt, 1T season salt, 2t ground Chipotle Chile, 1t black pepper, 1t onion powder, 1t garlic powder....

When I tasted it, I thought it might be too hot for my husbands taste, so I added another half recipe of everything but the Chipotle Chile... I put about 2/3rds. of the rub on the pork butt the night before and wrapped it up in plastic wrap. The next morning I decided to play around with the remaining rub by adding 1t ground cinnamon, 1t ground ginger, 1/2t allspice, 1t ground cumin. I put that rub on when I sat the pork butt out 1 hour before I put it on the grill. It actually came out pretty darn good. :blink:

Top Bottom