What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

Here are my wings from Jan 01.

Smoked/Grilled wings, 1/2 naked and 1/2 Franklin Sauce, Southwest Super Foods Salad, potatoes with peppers and onions. It was my first time using a brine and I went with a simple Salt/Water mixture. They turned out perfect.

Grilling:
proxy.php

Off the grill:
proxy.php

Plated:
proxy.php

Aftermath:
proxy.php

Did a few reverse sear steaks on the BGE

Attachments

• $DSC_0002.jpg
    $DSC_0002.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 353
  • $DSC_0006.jpg
    $DSC_0006.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 353
  • $DSC_0008.jpg
    $DSC_0008.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 355

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yeah, it's kinda legal if you don't get caught. Sometimes I don't have a beer when I eat BBQ for breakfast.

At that point, I think a good glass a sweet tea is in order. Unless you work third shift, like I used to. I used to get strange looks buying beer at 8 AM.

Today will find me throwing some pork spareribs and fresh spicy Italian sausages in the smoker today. Pics to follow.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
You know those steaks that turn out really tender........yep that was this.

A reverse sear smoke to 120 then on direct hot coals for 1 minute each side to medium rare.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done Aaron.

Reverse Sear is how I pretty much do all my steaks now too.

Yours looks perfect. Do you remember what temp you pulled them off at? Once I get my Popov field notes in hand (already ordered), I'm going to start taking more detailed notes on my cooks that turn out perfect.

I uses to track them, but lost track of them and started slacking on the note taking.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nicely done Aaron.

Reverse Sear is how I pretty much do all my steaks now too.

Yours looks perfect. Do you remember what temp you pulled them off at? Once I get my Popov field notes in hand (already ordered), I'm going to start taking more detailed notes on my cooks that turn out perfect.

I uses to track them, but lost track of them and started slacking on the note taking.

I used my Maverick temp prop for the smoke off direct heat. It took about an hour or so to get up to temp. That's fine because I like a good smoked steak. But I didn't use it on direct heat over the coals. I'm guessing it was at 130 or 135. This may be in the top 3 of steaks I've ever made.

Top Bottom