What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

BGE chicken cooked direct, high in the dome.

Attachments

• $DSC_0003.jpg
    $DSC_0003.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 137
  • $DSC_0007.jpg
    $DSC_0007.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 137
Nice cooks guys!! Everything looks great!!

Tonight I decided to try some chops on the Akorn. I got some nice thick cut bone in, center loin chops and dusted them with some Montreal seasoning. Quickly brought the grill up to 450 and threw on the chops for about 8 minutes per side...let them rest for a few minutes while I put together the sides.....mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, and corn.

These were the best chops I've had in a loooong time! Very tender and juicy....and with the kraut and potatoes they were just fantastic!

$chops.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Juan,
Those look Just incredible. Doesn't get any better than thick, bone in, center cut pork chops. They are even great when done in the cast iron skillet. But on the pit.........

Here's to a job well done!!!
marty

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks Mike. It looks incredible. It's a cross between smoking a brisket and grilling a steak. Too long and it's tough. Not long enough then it's bloody with no smoke flavor. The tri is a challenge.

Got some chicken on the smoker!! Mine is on the left. It has been in the brine since Friday. My in-laws dropped off the right side. It just has a rub on it. 2 hours at 225, temp it then transfer the coals to use to caramelize the sauce.

Before:
proxy.php

This was from a smoke on Thursday.
Decided to give up on lump charcoal on the kettle. I can't keep it in a sweet spot the same way as I can briquettes.

proxy.php

I always use briquettes when smoking. The shape lends to a more consistent burn. Now I am leaving this thread temporarily before it destroys my diet!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
OhI'mSoSorryYouAreHurtingRobert. Yeah, right. That looks great!

Haggises...What can I say? That looks perfect.

SWMBO did a reverse reverse sear on a whole chicken breast tonight (seared over the coals and then moved over to the cooler side of the grill until done) and it turned out great. No pics. so it didn't happen. And it's all gone now.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
OhI'mSoSorryYouAreHurtingRobert. Yeah, right. That looks great!

Haggises...What can I say? That looks perfect.

SWMBO did a reverse reverse sear on a whole chicken breast tonight (seared over the coals and then moved over to the cooler side of the grill until done) and it turned out great. No pics. so it didn't happen. And it's all gone now.

I dont believe I believe it.

Top Bottom