What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Doing our last comp of the year this weekend. Spent Tues night prep'ing chicken, last night packed everything, tonight will be last minute items and then roll out tomorrow afternoon! Pics to come!

I wish I could go with you. I would stay out of the way and just hand out beers as needed.

Do ya'll have an RV?

Oh and.............Smokem' Brian.

I wish I could go with you. I would stay out of the way and just hand out beers as needed.

Do ya'll have an RV?

Oh and.............Smokem' Brian.

Nope, no RV, tents and WSM's we are the cheap guys haha! Do you think I'm building a smoker for the fun of it??? .....Well yeah I guess I am!

I'm thinking of doing a bit of a "Live" cook for the weekend. I might start a new thread for that.

Yikes...these weren't cheap, but they should be worth it.

They are salted and in the fridge, awaiting tonight.

proxy.php

proxy.php

No plated pics, but here they are. They were delicious.

The Rib Steak melted in your mouth.

Here they are getting seared on the lower rack.

proxy.php

proxy.php

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Peanut sauté boneless chicken thighs, pork belly strips and shish kebab.
There was a salad that was very nice but once this got inside, it was feeding time at the zoo, so no plated photos.

$20161016_183430.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
22 quarts 5 and a bit gallons. Now . . . it is hard to tell from a pic but 5 gallons of water weighs about 42 lbs. That there is a whole mess of brisket.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nathans hot dogs, Earl Campbell hot links, and Nolan Ryan hamburgers. Had to do some moving around- had a couple cool spots.
$image.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's what I'm talkin' about.

Classic.

Where's the plated pictures? Or the pictures of you taking a bite.

Lettuce? Tomato? Ketchup on the hot dogs?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well the brined brisket turned out pretty good. My best so far. Not perfect or even great, just really good. Ribs and sausage with Texas Cavier. I'm not really a big sauce guy but I was in the mood. Meyers BBQ sauce.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom