What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

Thanks, and sounds about right. The kids like there's done a bit more, so I usually bring mine up to about 140 and then rest for 5min.

I sure wish Beef wasn't still so bloody expensive. It may be time for another tri-tip reserve sear next weekend.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks, and sounds about right. The kids like there's done a bit more, so I usually bring mine up to about 140 and then rest for 5min.

I sure wish Beef wasn't still so bloody expensive. It may be time for another tri-tip reserve sear next weekend.

No kidding. My ribeye was $13.00. I'm making two meals out of it though.

I did pork spare ribs and Italian sausages in the box smoker today. I used a scratch made rub on the ribs but basted a couple hours in with some Stubbs original sauce. They came out quite good -- the bones just slid out, and the sausages were perfect.

Just after adding the sausages with about an hour and a half to go on the ribs:
proxy.php

Hard at work making BBQ:
proxy.php

Tasty...
proxy.php

Tri-tip on the BGE. Cooked indirect at 250 degs then reverse seared

Attachments

• $DSC_0007.jpg
    $DSC_0007.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 194
  • $DSC_0006.jpg
    $DSC_0006.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 190
  • $DSC_0010.jpg
    $DSC_0010.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 192
  • $DSC_0011.jpg
    $DSC_0011.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 193

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Lamb cutlets and prawn. Served with honey mustard potatoes, curried eggs and a Greek salad.
The lime hot sauce was nice with the prawns.

$20160207_193433.jpg

Last edited:
Pork loin on my gasser with the A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker

Attachments

• $DSC_0009.jpg
    $DSC_0009.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 144
  • $DSC_0008.jpg
    $DSC_0008.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 143

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I like your use of the cast iron pan on the grill. One of my favorite techniques.

Chicken thighs and legs on the BGE, set-up indirect with the Adjustable Rig

Attachments

• $DSC_0002.jpg
    $DSC_0002.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 133
  • $DSC_0007.jpg
    $DSC_0007.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 131
Brisket and some of my recently harvested venison (with pork added) brats and German rings this weekend. Pics to follow...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
St. Louis cut pork ribs. These baby's were big and thick. Not really used to that. They turned out unexpectedly with a nice "bite" like competition ribs. I was shooting for fall off the bone though. This was my first on the new smoker. The learning curve is not as bad as I thought. I used a combo of regular briquettes and hickory wood. The pork butt is still on.

$image.jpg

Some good looking food being smoked this weekend.

We are throwing on a couple beef roast tomorrow night for Tipsy Texans on Sunday for a family gathering lunch.

Top Bottom