What's new

What's Cooking 2016

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Mike that looks really interesting! Love the look of the heirloom carrot! Will you be able to find carrots like that to make it again or will regular carrots work in it?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The purple carrots are supposed to taste a bit spicy but really quite similar to the taste of orange carrots so no big problem taste wise. With the bright green blanched snow peas and edamame, bright purple carrots, and orange wonton noodles it was very festive visually.

These heirloom vegetables are showing up where I shop from time to time. I really love the look of candy cane beats but that's another subject.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Swordfish, beets with garganzola cheese and Northern white beans. This grilled swordfish was the best fish I've place into my mouth since 1994...the year I moved into this house. Do yourself a favor and grill some.....what are you waiting for get on it!!!

$image.jpg

That looks like a nice hunk of fish. I miss eating fish soooooooooo badly. We used to eat it once a week.

I wonder if my wife would notice if I was to buy a dedicated fish grilling BBQ....darn fish allergy for one of our kids. We can't cook it indoors as they allergens get airborne and she doesn't allow me to cook it in our BBQs.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That looks like a nice hunk of fish. I miss eating fish soooooooooo badly. We used to eat it once a week.

I wonder if my wife would notice if I was to buy a dedicated fish grilling BBQ....darn fish allergy for one of our kids. We can't cook it indoors as they allergens get airborne and she doesn't allow me to cook it in our BBQs.

I feel your pain. Get yourself a dedicated hibachi for Bruce's fish.

I feel your pain. Get yourself a dedicated hibachi for Bruce's fish.
I may have to do that. I actually have a Weber Jumbo Joe that my wife picked up when Target was going under, for like $20. It hasn't been used yet, I didn't need it, but couldn't refuse for the price.

I'll talk it over with her and see if we can use it as a dedicated fish grilling machine for the 3 of us who love fish. As long as it is cooked outside, dedicated utensils, she may go for it.

He is due for retesting, but it is likely a lifelong allergy. It is easy enough to live with and we can still eat wish when we dine out.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, this is going to sound strange, as people that know me could rightly call me Mr. Meat. I had a pita with hummus, cucumber slices (with the skin, of course), red onion, and just a touch of blue cheese because I wanted some tang. It was oddly filling, and I can still taste the cucumber (good thing)

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I may have to do that. I actually have a Weber Jumbo Joe that my wife picked up when Target was going under, for like $20. It hasn't been used yet, I didn't need it, but couldn't refuse for the price.

I'll talk it over with her and see if we can use it as a dedicated fish grilling machine for the 3 of us who love fish. As long as it is cooked outside, dedicated utensils, she may go for it.

He is due for retesting, but it is likely a lifelong allergy. It is easy enough to live with and we can still eat wish when we dine out.

My mother in law has shell fish allergies but not fish. If she eats a shrimp her throat closes up. Nothing with baked salmon.

Okay, this is going to sound strange, as people that know me could rightly call me Mr. Meat. I had a pita with hummus, cucumber slices (with the skin, of course), red onion, and just a touch of blue cheese because I wanted some tang. It was oddly filling, and I can still taste the cucumber (good thing)
Sometimes when we do Greek and need something a little extra after the meat pita...we will just have a pita with tzatzkiki and onions etc.

A vegetarian meal every now and then is a good thing. Not only for the body but it makes me appreciate meat, that much more.

Phew, photobucket scare, never had that happen before.

Thanks all for the kind words, all the credit goes to my wife, she's the chicken wrangler!

Mike nice looking bowl again, i love meals in a bowl! That carrot's quite interesting, how's it compare for sweetness, carrot flavour to a standard orange?

Aaron, great looking piece of swordfish! I can't recall the last time i actually saw it offered in these parts although i'm not often looking, looks delicious!

Guitar plans... i need to order a few bits from Mouser who are down in your part of the continent Aaron and then i should be able to get cooking with this...

proxy.php

But that's another mess.
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sometimes when we do Greek and need something a little extra after the meat pita...we will just have a pita with tzatzkiki and onions etc.

A vegetarian meal every now and then is a good thing. Not only for the body but it makes me appreciate meat, that much more.
I wanted some tzatzkiki, real bad. That would have been perfect

Swordfish, beets with garganzola cheese and Northern white beans. This grilled swordfish was the best fish I've place into my mouth since 1994...the year I moved into this house. Do yourself a favor and grill some.....what are you waiting for get on it!!!

View attachment 654452

This is for supper tonight I'm going to put some blackening seasoning on it, grill it and serve it with a black bean, mango, avocado salsa. I love fish and it's always a toss up if Salmon or Sword is my favorite. Though maybe tuna. Or sea bass. Or. . .

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This is for supper tonight I'm going to put some blackening seasoning on it, grill it and serve it with a black bean, mango, avocado salsa. I love fish and it's always a toss up if Salmon or Sword is my favorite. Though maybe tuna. Or sea bass. Or. . .

That's the ticket. Just don't overcook it. I under cooked mine and threw it back on the grill for another minute.

Just don't overcook it..

My mother in law always thought she hated salmon. Turns out she and, previously, her mother would cook it to about 170. It was chalky! Once I convinced her to do it medium-medium rare, she loves salmon now. I can choke down an overcooked piece of beef, but if fish is overdone, I can't eat it.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My mother in law always thought she hated salmon. Turns out she and, previously, her mother would cook it to about 170. It was chalky! Once I convinced her to do it medium-medium rare, she loves salmon now. I can choke down an overcooked piece of beef, but if fish is overdone, I can't eat it.

The swordfish steak was 12oz's for $7.33. Not bad.

Made some Italian sausage with my boys. Cheese/parsley w/fennel and hot.

It's a Sausage Party! :w00t:

We had a couple of those last year with my boys. Homemade sausage is difficult to beat....but when the kids help, it doesn't get any better.

Looks like they turned out great.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
[MENTION=89559]davent[/MENTION]

Dave, I missed the picture of the amp. Sorry it looks like you have things in order. If it makes you feel any better I build my own computers and fix my air conditioner and furnace when needed.

Update:

$image.jpg

Fun stuff. Kids learn a lot about math, biology, health, action and reaction, patience, cooking, flavor, and a bunch more when making sausage. :biggrin1:

Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom