What's new

What's Cooking 2016

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Fresh gulf Shrimp cocktail, chips and hot sauce.

$image.jpg

Nice cocktail there Aaron! Has to be great to be so close to a source of fresh seafood.

Picked up a bottle of that Valentina Extra Hot (not) Sauce a couple weeks ago, only $2, enjoying it's vinegar tang of, glad i bought it.

dave

We used to make weekly pilgrimages to a little Portuguese bakery/cafe/bar/restaurant, not sure what to call it, no menu, but tasty food and great desserts and coffee, bonus- dirt cheap. Not aware of a 'cafe' thread... been a long time and the weather was reasonable so last night after we cooked we walked, bought dessert.

Espresso and sweets...

proxy.php

Tonight, Shepherd's Pie- Yellow fleshed potatoes, mushroom gravy, shiitakes/portabellos/a few button & reconstituted porcinis, pulled brisket of GMO-free tofu.

Being the non-conformists we are, Pumpkin Pie in April.

Rhubarb may be ready for next weekend and we can use it with the raspberries in the freezer from last year's bumper crop.

Bought a few more bottles of the local Baco Noir we had with a lamb roast a few weeks back so opened one for tonight's dinner, killer with tofu... you allowed to say that?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cheers!
dave

Thank you Connie, the dessert pies are always my wife's handy work, i'll be sure to pass on the message. The shepherd's pie was a collaboration.

dave

I'm not one for tofu, but your Sheppard's Pie version looks great.

I'll take an extra big, party sized slice of that pie with real whipped cream if there is any left.

:blink:

Tofu Shepherds Pie with whipped cream??? :bored:

I'll pass. :nonod:

Connie actually not far off, the potatoes are loaded with whipping cream (35% MF), butter, a bit of salt & pepper, decadent!

Bruce there was only two of us last night so lots of tofu, pumpkin pie and a carton of whipping cream to whip into shape still left at this point.

And thanks Marty!

dave

So that's how you get a chicken lollipop? We had some at this awesome Asian fusion restaurant last week and couldn't figure out what part of the chicken we were eating.

When the term 'lollipop' came up as part of this discussion it was new to me. Today watching this video on deboning a whole chicken, creating a lollipop is covered within the first minute. Totally cool video, learned so much!

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
When the term 'lollipop' came up as part of this discussion it was new to me. Today watching this video on deboning a whole chicken, creating a lollipop is covered within the first minute. Totally cool video, learned so much!

dave
Appreciate that Dave, I'll check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
He's out there. He's real! He's not an Internet joke! He's not a photoshop gag! He's mine!
Now he's my quest for cooking 2016. I will bag him in 2016. I will cook him in 2016. I will spend much of 2016 eating him.
My question for you guys? How do I prepare him once I bring him home?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Whole hog baby...which means a newly designed pit. Strap him down spread eagle flat between two large sheets of expanded metal grating so you can flip him.

...I just purchased my plane ticket.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Plane ticket?
Its a 4 hour drive!!
We're practically next door neighbors!!

Since I only bagged his baby brother yesterday (pic in trophy thread), I am cooking roast with carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms tonight!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 30
Santa Maria tri-tip tonight...it was great! On warmed corn tortilla's with avocado, pico, and a touch of homemade salsa...charro beans on the side.

$File_001 (2).jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Plane ticket?
Its a 4 hour drive!!
We're practically next door neighbors!!

Since I only bagged his baby brother yesterday (pic in trophy thread), I am cooking roast with carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms tonight!

I have you to pick me up at the airport don't I?

...ha, 4 hours my a**. It takes an hour just to get out of Austin.

Top Bottom