What's new

What's Cooking 2016

Simple Saturday night; Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast with Ginger, Star Anise pepper corns and a couple cups vegetable stock. Locally grown root vegetables (99 cents per lb, cheap, cheap, cheap) roasted with garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper, EVOO. Yellow potatoes, carrots & rutabaga.

Chilean red blend to compliment...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

dave

First try making a giant cinnamon roll in a cast iron pan. Was an impulse breakfast, so i didn't make my own dough, but it was still a big hit.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453046642.515607.jpg

Last night, we made Chinese food. My daughter and I made dumplings, my wife made chicken and broccoli, and I made beef lo mein.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453046724.083762.jpg

Quite the feast Dave. Homemade Chinese is something I need to venture in to.

Tonight was something new for us. Stuffed Homemade bread (sans breadmaker). One with turkey, bacon, ranch and one with Beef, onions, cheese and BBQ sauce.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Easy bibimbap...jasmine rice, cucumber carrot and radish stir fried with gochujang sauce, steamed broccoli and skirt steak. Fried egg on top.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 117
That's another knockout meal Otto. I love your Asian flare.

Tonight was my Mom's Texas Casserole. Nothing fancy but homestyle hearty and reminds me of growing up at home.

Ingredients laid out:
proxy.php

Ready to mix:
proxy.php

Ready for the oven:
proxy.php

Out of the oven:
proxy.php

Plated:
proxy.php

Last edited:
My wife always lets the person celebrating their birthday choose what she makes for the birthday dinner. Tonight, I chose my current food obsession, chicken and waffles ...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453341214.321319.jpg

She also enlisted our 8-year old daughter to make this cake ...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453341258.657725.jpg

That's a terrific Birthday Meal David...Happy Birthday. You couldn't ask for a better cake then that, I love it.

I see a little Iron Maiden on the side too :laugh:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Happy B-Day Dave, nice idea of selecting your meal for the day.

OK this is not mine but as the wife rang me at work telling me she wanted to make Chili and I gave advise over the phone.
She even got the Jalapeno corn chips. :thumbup1:
I'll post it here, as a very proud husband. She followed my instruction and it turned out great.
The only thing is it could have done with a bit more heat but all good that's why I have hot sauce.

$20160121_165210.jpg

Did you do this in a wok? I want to try stir fry one day, but I am not sure I can wok and chew gum at the same time :biggrin:
Ha, good one! That sounds like a "dad joke". I did cook this in a wok but it's not necessary, I've done it in a skillet. Everything is cooked on high heat and it's done fast. The rice and broccoli were done at the same time in my rice cooker.

Fresh wild Long Island duck (Broadbill) pan seared with rosemary/thyme/parsley/garlic, duck Grand Marnier sausage from Los Paisanos, lentils prepared with garlic, black pepper, and lime juice served with Cantina Zaccagnini montepulciano d'Abruzzo vino.

$image.jpg

Tom

Was also trying to fight the snow this morning and made a chorizo and potato hash in the cast iron skillet with baked eggs on top.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Ketchup?! Come now Aaron, you know I wouldn't put something inferior like that on a great dish! That sir is some Ninja Squirrel hot sauce!

Top Bottom