What's new

I fell off the deep end. How do you guys do it?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I went from a massive guitar addiction to collecting this shaving stuff. It has helped me not buy a guitar for over a year now, where I was buying about one a month prior. Plus all the amps, pedals and other equipment. It was quite a bad addiction..

In the last year I am now up over 50 razors, over a dozen brushes, plus endless blades and software. But I still haven't reached the price of a single nice Gibson. SWMBO is happier now. And me too!

It's a better hobby than some others.
It's cheaper than collecting cars, motorcycles, or guns.
It's healthier than drinking and bar hopping.
It's better for your marriage than collecting girlfriends.
Plus, the wife should appreciate a clean close shave.

I had a habit of buying and selling the same razors over and over. I found I was spending too much on replacing the more rare ones and decided to hold on to what I have. When I first started razors were relatively easy to find and the cost was low. I still look occasionally, but I don't spend near as much time as I used to.

I finally used up all the soaps that I bought when I first started and I gave away all the extra creams. I settled on one soap and I only buy creams when I am out.

I never got into brushes and I only have a couple.

So I guess you say after 8 years I finally have under control.

Do NOT expect guys on this forum to say anything other than, "Buy both!, You really should buy BOTH" :lol:

Like August West said, it's cheaper than some hobbies. I justify it as being way cheaper than my other hobby (firearms)
+1 :001_rolle

I currently own 10 firearms and 3 DE Razors, 6 brushes, and a lot of Aftershaves, Soaps and Creams, Shaving is Way cheaper :thumbup:

My den consists of TOBS Mr. Taylor and GFT coconut cream, TOBS Jermyn St aftershave, and Proraso pre shave. And my brush is a whipped dog 24mm synthetic.

I decided to add to my den and I really got hooked. Bought a tub of stirling, mikes, and truefit and hill. Then ordered 17 samples from maggard of various brands. I have only sampled 3 so far and already placed another order for 10 more samples. That next batch hasn't arrived and I just ordered 20 from mamabears. And just bought a Simpson duke 3.

I think I need to get off the internet for a while.

cheaper than collecting watches.

But it you may have a problem. What is "mama bears".

This is a lot cheaper than my O SCALE model Railroad hobby. what I spend on on piece or rolling stock would supply me for 6 months of shaving stuff.

Top Bottom