What's new

Evaluation - ATT S1, Power Flexball, Schick Inj. Shave

Results vary. Might not apply to all.

Today I shaved with all three, aforementioned razors. If I had to I could live with any of the 3, but the Schick injector was the overall winner.

I went through as good a prep as I know how to do. Shower, Olay soap, double face wash, AoS unsented, shaving oil. All the razors had fresh blades. They all gave a presentably close shave. The Schick was most comfortable, easier to maneuver, and required the lightest touch for the closest shave. I used a chick, blade, and made a nice lather from cake soap, and Penhaligon's cream. The Schick, razor I used was one with a chrome head and the long, black, ribbed, handle. It was a genuine Schick, and not a clone.

I hope this is of interest to someone. Happy New Year to all.

Ron I

I've never used a Power Flexball, but I have an ATT S1 and a bunch of Injectors. I agree that Injectors are the best razors, but the ATT is truly superb.

Happy New Year to you too, Ron.

No surprize there..If the world found that out then the Cartridge Companies would be out of Luck...Glad you liked the Schick Injector experience...One of the best kept secrets out there...:thumbup1:

Billy

Now that I'm old and grumpy, I couldn't agree more with your conclusion. My dad always used a Schick, I used D/E's, carts, electrics until returning to D/E a few years ago (cost of carts). Then I discovered in late Sept. 2015 a near mint E2 at a local antique store. With either a Chick or Ted Pella/Personna blade what a great shave. Probably the best ever, it easily beats, for me, DE's, any cart, or electric. Now I know why dad used a Schik. [Interestingly, when I started shaving in the early 60's, dad never tried to influence my choice of razors, so I started with a D/E. I guess he felt it was always a personal choice. I should have learned.]

No surprize there..If the world found that out then the Cartridge Companies would be out of Luck...Glad you liked the Schick Injector experience...One of the best kept secrets out there...:thumbup1:
Billy

+1, I love my "E" and "G" injectors.

The flexball was my last cartridge before the injectors entered my life
no question the injector takes the cake. Does it take a little more patience and focus? Sure. But the payoff is unquestionable in the superiority of the shave

Hello there:

I have never tried an Injector therefore I am not in the position to either criticize it or comment on it. On the other hand, I have in my possession the ATT S2 and S1 and they are quite far away from the competition. They are soft to the skin but killers to the hair. Great piece of machinery, after testing them it is hard to go out there and find something better.

I recall my dad also using one. I'm bidding on a G now. Planning on adding a injector to my lot, just because.

Top Bottom