What's new

CRSW Jardin d'Orange

Seeing all the love CRSW receives here I checked out their site.The scent description of Jd'O caught my attention,the citrus/earthy notes caused me to wonder if the Jardin d"orange is CRSW's take on the Terre d'Hermes scent.Any one familiar with Jardin d'Orange soap and Terre d'Hermes,or RazoRocks Son of Zeus(Dead ringer for Td'H IMHO)scent care to answer if this is a Td'H clone?Or if CRSW Jd'O is close enough to pair with a Td'H EdT.

I could see why you would think that but this is not the case. The Jardin D'Orange is much more of a green orange scent, I think the scent description describes the soap well but I think you get more of the orange trees scent rather than earthy. There is enough similarity though that these two pair very well together and I often pair mine with Fine L'Orange Noir which is a Terre D'Hermes copy.

Hope this helps.

I'm curious about Jardin d'Orange myself, actually. Meantime, I will say that D.R. Harris Windsor bears a resemblance to Terre d'Hermes, for sure.

I could see why you would think that but this is not the case. The Jardin D'Orange is much more of a green orange scent, I think the scent description describes the soap well but I think you get more of the orange trees scent rather than earthy. There is enough similarity though that these two pair very well together and I often pair mine with Fine L'Orange Noir which is a Terre D'Hermes copy.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,helps a bunch!!!!I have a bottle of L'Orange as well,to my nose it is just a tad "brighter" at first but as it dries down it becomes more earthy on my skin.May be the menthol,but good stuff for sure!!!

Jardin D'Orange is absolutely wonderful. I purchased Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte to complement it, but was a little disappointed. It doesn't last long at all. After the orange notes subside it smells a lot like Eau Sauvage. Eau Sauvage is great but the green-orange scent of Jardin D'Orange is what I really wanted. The Jardin D'Orange balm is also very good; I wonder if the aftershave splash would keep the smell around longer. I have more expensive soaps but this CRSW is my go-to for special shaves.

Jardin D'Orange is absolutely wonderful. I purchased Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte to complement it, but was a little disappointed. It doesn't last long at all. After the orange notes subside it smells a lot like Eau Sauvage. Eau Sauvage is great but the green-orange scent of Jardin D'Orange is what I really wanted. The Jardin D'Orange balm is also very good; I wonder if the aftershave splash would keep the smell around longer. I have more expensive soaps but this CRSW is my go-to for special shaves.
:thumbup1:Hadn't considered the balm,going to place a order next week.Hope CRSW lives up to the hype!

I found that Jardin really didn't have enough of an Orange scent for me. It's much more of an earthy/wet woodsy scent. I would have preferred more of a balance. YMMV...

Last edited:
Stick with it frenchy, one of my all time favorite scents in shaving! It really opens up and the orange becomes more pronounced when lathering.

Did a second try with it today. My preliminary verdict? They really need to increase the Orange scent delivery in it during lathering. Less Jardin. More d'Orange. YMMV. That said, still an amazing soap.

Top Bottom