What's new

What to do with old Cans of foam? Use it with soap/cream?

You might want to use it for a noninvasive form of graffiti. :wink2: Or give it to someone who swears by it. After returning to brush and soap, I simply could not turn back. YMMV.

Um... I still buy them once in awhile. They work well for me in a short-time situation when I still want to shave.

So, if you want you can send them all to me. I'll make use of 'em eventually!

full
&original=1[/IMG]

LOL!!!!! I made longtime ago a topic with the same question after I found this ^^^^^^ behind the washer. I had no idea how it ended up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...fooled by some in this thread I bought a can of barbasol red can from the $.99 store and brought it home to put on my mirrors to ward off the dreaded fogging. I had intended to get Johnsons no more tears shampoo but they had none.

I was hesitant because using the generical gas/cream mixture also sold at the $.99 stores results in frostbite and had done nothing to help when I last tried this many years ago. But I commenced to squirting a squizzle of barbasol accross the mirror...oh that does smell nice, a nostalgic smell for sure. I grabbed a rag and began to wipe and that's when I got to see exactly how much volume a squizzle contained. It became abundantly clear all that was needed was a small dab but I was in it elbow deep now. After about 35 minutes of scraping off layers of rich lather and rubbing like I Aladin on his lamp, I had a mirror that looked only mostly hazy. Another 10 minutes and a fresh towel or two later and all mirrors had been soaped.

I took that opportunity to play with the lather I had collected in the sink (man that stuff expands). By adding a bit of water and rubbing it in my hands I got a lather that was not at all bad. I may have to give it a try sometime.

The final test was the mornings shower and ...failure. Instead if a fine fog the mirror was sheeted with heavy water droplets that soon began to drip down the mirror. I wiped the mirror clean and gave it a second chance the next day, still fogged. I guess even barbasol can't stop the power of a hot shower. Fortunately I can run a little fan and open a window.

If this thread has proved nothing else, it has proved that no mater how old most of the posters are, there is still a raging teenager alive and well beneath the skin.

This thread kept me in stitches all the way through.

Thank you one and all!

Really? REALLY?

Just throw them in the trash and get it on with your soaps and creams.
+1 that's exactly what I did. I couldn't throw my Gillette gel in the garbage fast enough. My Suave bodywash was every bit as effective as that Gillette gel, and I'm not kidding.

I gave away all my unsatisfactory canned products to my cousin who just joined the airforce. He is going to be shaving for the next 5 years and doesn't have the time or desire to learn traditional wet shaving right now. My cans of Barbasol, Gillette gel and all those goo's will serve him just fine. He is also not exactly rich right now so and I am sure I gave him well over $30 worth of canned goo that he will not have to buy himself.

I recommend you give your mostly full cans away to someone who really does need them and really will use them. If you have cans that only have a little left, my suggestion is to shoot them, watch them explode, have some fun and then throw them in recycle bin!

Use it as a blade bank
Just don't be a slob like me and leave it sitting in a puddle after every shave, it may start to leave rust stains on the counter. The full cans of Colgate I have stashed around don't seem to have that problem, but I haven't checked behind the washer lately.

$ColgateCan.JPG

What do you guys do with the old cans of Barbasol or Gillette Foamy lying around?

I'm thinking of using a layer of soap underneath for slickness or mixing glycerin to improve the canned goo. They're just lying around since no one uses em anymore

I gave them to my child's daycare. They use them for art projects.

Buy some Corn Starch and mix equal amounts of corn starch and canned shave cream. Makes excellent fake snow for indoor fun and decorating. Add food coloring for more fun.
My kids loved playing with the stuff.

We even did some in the summer in the yard and had a summer snowball fight. Lots of fun.

as for using it for shaving, I wouldn't suggest it unless it was the only thing left.

Mixed with Elmer's glue and paint it makes excellent finger paint.

Also put shaving cream all over your head and then shape your hair into funny new shapes and take selfies to post on-line!
Nothing like a shaving cream Mohawk in some wild color.
:001_rolle

Seriously? Donate to homeless? Toss in garbage? Uber lather with a good soap? Have none of you been paying attention to how this plague spreads? I'm sorry, but if you have old foam or gel in a can laying around the only reliable way of disposing of them once and for all is to man up and put them down for good. I know it sounds harsh, but its the responsible thing to do.

Step 1) Find a quiet place in the country.
Step 2) Dig a hole about the size of shoe box, to a depth of no less than 3 feet.
Step 3) Go home, pack your cans of foam in your travel bag so they think you are just taking them along on another road trip. Don't look anxious or act suspicious in any way. If they pick up on your tension you are finished.
Step 4) When you get to the predug hole out in the countryside, place a cartridge type razor in the bottom of the hole as bait.
Step 5) Take the cans of foam out of the travel bag, place them in the hole with the razor. Once they see the cartridge razor they will calm down and quietly snuggle with the razor. That's your opportunity.
Step 6) Don eye and ear protection, load your weapon, calmly and smoothly shoot each can of foam center mass.
Step 7) Back fill hole and leave.

Its the only way fella's. We cant take the chance of them spreading their disease.

I had a couple cans of Barbasol that had been laying around for years. This past summer I finally put them out of my misery. I took them out back and dispatched them with my trusty Smith & Wesson model 629 stainless steel .44 magnum revolver w/ 8-3/8" barrel, target sights and trigger, and Hogue combat grips. I hand loaded the cartridges for white tail deer hunting. 240 gr hollow point bullet pushed by H110 powder and mag primer. Muzzle velocity is just a tick shy of 2,000 feet per second. Kicks like a beast but sent those cans of foam straight to their maker. 2 rounds fired, 2 dead cans of Barbasol.

This is the firearms thread isn't it?
[emoji4] thanks for the lolz

Used Barbasol as hair gel in boot camp when our hair started growing back out. They didn't allow hair gel. So using to lay your hair down helped that Dixie cup stay on.

Top Bottom