What's new

Egad! What have I become?

+1 to all the above.

On my 20 minute drive to work, I check my handiwork and review the blade, razor, soap and technique. On the drive home from work, I check the blade, razor, soap and technique and plan next morning's shave.
Since I only do this twice a day, I do not have a problem and I am not in denial...

Besides, All my wives, ex and current, think I'm Some kind of a narcissistic, scatter-brained, self indulgent creep! so I might as well enjoy my shaves. :lol:

I can relate - I got home from work yesterday and my wife and I were going out to eat. I made her feel my face (she went WTG!) and I said, "No - go up the cheek ..... Can you believe that shave is over 12 hours old?!?"

She just smiled and called me 'Her big girl'

At night I think about which razor I want to use in the morning - I DO love a good shave!

Now shaving is something I prepare for the night before! Decide on razor, decide on blade, what soap to use, which AS, etc. What a difference in mindset when a chore has suddenly become a passion.

+1 This. I use to hate shaving, put if off as long as I could even if it mean being scruffy. Now even with the knicks, cuts, weepers and burn from the alum (still learning, still refining my technique) I'm sitting here already picked out my stuff for tomorrow and can't wait to shave again. It's an amazing difference between the two. The comparison between a chore and a passion is spot on.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
It would be so much easier if you only had one Razor one soap and one brush:bored:. But then it would not be as FUN:thumbup::lol:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE-YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED!
proxy.php

marty

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I don't wait , I clean and wipe the Razor I just used and then take the Blade if it still good and put it in the next in Line
I set up my shave for the next day Razor ,soap, brush and blade . The once in awhile I will switch it up in the morning if one on lady's is calling me out :001_smile

Let’s face it: we are not normal. “Normal” men do not buy 15 different kinds of razor blades to see which one is best. They don’t peruse countless posts to see if they are missing anything. Normal men don’t try every soap or cream on the market to find the holy grail. Nor do normal men debate which razor or brush is the best.
I know. I speak from experience. I started traditional shaving in about 1956. I was normal then. I had a FB that I bought new and then a Slim. I had two shave brushes, one soap, and one cream. I didn’t think about the scent of a soap, what it was made of, or anything else.

And then one find day in May of 2010 I deviated from normalcy: I found B&B while trying to find a replacement for a shaving cream I ran out of.

I read about razors and bought a Progress that I had converted into a Mergress. I bought aT+H Silvertip Badger Brush followed by a Duke 3 best badger brush. I bought MWF and Cella soap. I was no longer normal. I wanted to try SE razors and bought a few. I heard about the Red Tip razor and bought two of those. Before I knew it my soaps went from one to 20, my creams from one to ten, my razors from two to 20+, my brushes from two to more than 25. If I read about a new technique (Uberlather, cold water shaving, blade buffing, J hooking, etc.) I had to try it. I began to check B&B multiple times a day. I was no longer normal.
And then I discovered that the folks on B&B can deviate from normalcy in many areas be it clothing, pens, liquor, the outdoors, cooking, etc.

Well, I now admit I am not normal. And I am proud of it!

I just started wet shaving with a safety razor less than a month ago. I used to make my wife feel my face until she sat me down to tell me it's not normal, now I feel my own face.
And by the way, this is normal and everyone else not enjoying their shave is not normal

and I forgot to mention that I have SPAD, thinking about having products shipped to work so no one at homes knows how much I buy. Is anyone else going through that?

and I forgot to mention that I have SPAD, thinking about having products shipped to work so no one at homes knows how much I buy. Is anyone else going through that?

I have every piece of shaving gear sent to my office. I have a desk drawer where I store my gear until I can get it home. I carry a Tom Bihn bag to work every day, and smuggle my office items home in my bag. I have a shaving gear drawer in my dresser at home, where I store new items until I decide it's safe to add them to our bathroom counter. She doesn't really notice particular items, but she does notice the creeping volume of items on the counter...

Let’s face it: we are not normal. “Normal” men do not buy 15 different kinds of razor blades to see which one is best. They don’t peruse countless posts to see if they are missing anything. Normal men don’t try every soap or cream on the market to find the holy grail. Nor do normal men debate which razor or brush is the best.
I know. I speak from experience. I started traditional shaving in about 1956. I was normal then. I had a FB that I bought new and then a Slim. I had two shave brushes, one soap, and one cream. I didn’t think about the scent of a soap, what it was made of, or anything else.

And then one find day in May of 2010 I deviated from normalcy: I found B&B while trying to find a replacement for a shaving cream I ran out of.

I read about razors and bought a Progress that I had converted into a Mergress. I bought aT+H Silvertip Badger Brush followed by a Duke 3 best badger brush. I bought MWF and Cella soap. I was no longer normal. I wanted to try SE razors and bought a few. I heard about the Red Tip razor and bought two of those. Before I knew it my soaps went from one to 20, my creams from one to ten, my razors from two to 20+, my brushes from two to more than 25. If I read about a new technique (Uberlather, cold water shaving, blade buffing, J hooking, etc.) I had to try it. I began to check B&B multiple times a day. I was no longer normal.
And then I discovered that the folks on B&B can deviate from normalcy in many areas be it clothing, pens, liquor, the outdoors, cooking, etc.

Well, I now admit I am not normal. And I am proud of it!
Hmmmmm- sounds perfectly normal to me....

Top Bottom