What's new

Mirco 4/3

I can't say that I have. I'm considering m4/3 for short term travel though. My lenses seem to be trending toward bigger and heavier in Nikon.

I had an Olympus EM5 when they were fairly new. Was very much menu driven and I didn't care for that. Found the Fuji APS-C worked better for me. It does have the best lens ecosystem for mirror less.

I use a GX7, really like it. I did not like the Oly menu system, found it much too complex. I find the Panasonic to be very intuitive to use and the menus clear and organized. The reduced size and weight vs DSLRs is a real winner for me. The M4/3 selection of lenses is really second to none in the mirrorless world.

I have 2 Olympus E-P1 and an E-P3. I would love a newer one, but can't justify the cost. The E-P3 is my walk around camera, and the E-P1s are my tripod cameras. I love them. They work great for how I shoot and I love the images I get from them. I can carry all 3 with 4 lenses in one small bag, which is great when I ride my motorcycle.

I havent tried reed the cameras you listed, but I think any would be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Panasonic GX7 which paired nicely with the 20mm f/1.7 II lens, but it was a little strange to hold because of the location of the neckstrap lug on the right hand side. Also the viewfinder had weird resolution that didn't fit 4:3. I got rid of it ultimately because I didn't like the how noisy it was ISO 800. Then I went to the Olympus E-M5 II which I liked lot better, but I realized that Micro Four Thirds isn't the right system for me, so now I'm on APS-C and happy. You could do a lot worse than the GX7, that's for sure. Micro Four Thirds have really great lenses.

Top Bottom