What's new

How often do you shave?

Usually about every three to four days. I'm still working on my technique, and I often get nicks and irritation, so I'd rather not shave daily and have a perpetually irritated face. I'll shave for a job interview or if I feel like an occasion calls for it, but I almost always shave about two times a week. I'm also finding that I get better results without a pre-shave shower. I just make sure my lather is good and wet, the razor cuts the whiskers no problem. My skin seems more susceptible to cuts and irritation after a shower, plus I wear glasses and prefer to use a mirror for my shave, both of which get fogged up if the bathroom is full of condensation following a hot shower.

I also do about 2-3 passes with touch up, because I don't like to have little bits of stubble left on my upper lip, chin, and neck (if I can help it). If I don't go against the grain, I look like I haven't shaved. Fair skin and dark hair can be annoying for that reason. I actually welcome the graying of my beard, lol.

I shave about 6 times a week, no major skin issues. I'm still new and working on my technique, the only time I notice irritation is hen I revert back to old habits like applying pressure or going over the same spot multiple times without applying my soap.
On a good day, when my technique feels right, it's a great shave and my skin feels amazing.

I do not feel clean unless I have every day. Just my own OCD thing I guess - but just don;t feel right unless I shave every dayl. It might be only a 2 pass shave - but it counts.

I shave every day. Work requires it Monday through Friday and the weekends are for me. I also shave daily on vacations, fishing and hunting trips. Just don't feel right if I don't shave.

I have light facial hair so I usually shave every other evening, after showering.
When I used cartridge razors, it was usually 2-3 times week, and daily with an electric.
Sometimes I will shave daily with a DE, but I will generally only do a single pass WTG.

Every day. Last week, after a reaction to medication, I skipped saving for a day, and gave serious thought to growing a beard. After about 30 hours, the beard started itching, and after 36 hours I couldn't stand it anymore. By then it was so thick that not only did I do a one pass with a twin blade cartridge after showering, but the next morning shaved with the twin blade again.

Daily shaver when I was in the Army and my face suffered from the abuse the carts caused. After I got out and was still using carts it was every other day to protect my face. Since going to DEs and straights its 6 days a week. I usually take Saturday off just because. However, if some event warrants it, I'll shave all seven days, or even do a touch up prior to a big evening event.

Used to shave every couple days, but since I received my AS-D2, I shave every night before bed.

Only miss a day here and there if something comes up or I'm sick.

Daily almost without fail and an occasional light second shave for an evening event or if my morning shave was very early. I count that as a good day when I shave twice!

Every other evening.
If I have an event or night out with SWMBO, I'll shave on an off-day. Never had a sensitivity issue.

Every work day, or every day that I'll be out n public an meeting someone. I need to shave everyday, but who's going to know?

i also learned today that I can get away with a quicky: I got a business call requesting a Skype call right away. I was able to make time for a fast face wash and face lather / RR StealthSlant / GSB shave. Very fast, fairly clean, bloodless shave. The slant is very forgiving of speed.

Five times a week face and three times a week head. Two pass shaves when I do both on the same day, three pass face shave when that's all I'm doing

Top Bottom