What's new

Let's see your bird pictures!

proxy.php

Took these at the zoo today from behind a fenced enclosure.

All shot. On a d750 with a 85mm 1.8 lens.
Iso 100, A f4 and the shutter 640 for the first two and 400 for the last.

Don't take many bird pics but it was fun. I should also mention these are all straight from the camera no editing whatsoever.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Andy, those doves are great. We aren't used to that species.

Here is Woodcock shot by my friend, Bruce. It is camouflaged by its colors.

$woodcock.jpg

Sometimes I'm surprised at how unconcerned some birds can be. I kept taking a step closer to this guy, and then another step, and then another, way more than any other bird usually lets me.

Sometimes I'm surprised at how unconcerned some birds can be. I kept taking a step closer to this guy, and then another step, and then another, way more than any other bird usually lets me.

The best explanation for that is that you're seeing this year's hatching. I can walk right up to my feeders to refill them, and the young downy woodpeckers (your pictures) won't fly off the feeders until I almost touch them. It was fascinating watching their parents show them where this food source was and how to get food for themselves.

Don

Nice shots, guys. We have a hummingbird that I can get close to - except when I have a camera in my hand!

I hate that! Every trip out that's a total waste almost turns into an amazing bunch of photo op's as soon as I zip the camera bag, light a cigarette and start walking away!

Top Bottom