What's new

Let's see your bird pictures!

You may have noticed from a couple of my posts that I really love pics of our winged friends!

I have been practicing quite a bit recently, slowly improving my BIF shots, still a way to go to get them perfect though.

What shots have you guys got to share? Even if you have something that you don't think is amazing, please post it as I love to see different species from other countries:001_smile

BIF or perched? A few BIF

proxy.php

proxy.php

One songbird perched

proxy.php

proxy.php

One of my favorites, looks like the predator from the Movies

proxy.php

One with lunch swimming

proxy.php

Great shots guys, especially Grimm, those are fantastic.

Its kinda cold outside so I decided to take my bird shots in the studio.........

proxy.php

proxy.php

And of course a curious parrot will have to investigate everything........
proxy.php

Including that thing that kept making bright in his face!

proxy.php

Nice shots, guys. Isn't there a remarkable diversity in bird life?

That's why I love going out and looking for them! Quite a variety here in the UK, we have a lot of different species, mainly different shades of brown though:biggrin1:
A pair of Kingfishers are on my watch list, I have seen them skimming along a lake in a blue blur, would love to get a shot of them.

Those are pretty good.
@grim

Thank you.

I would encourage anyone interested in bird photography to keep shooting. You will only become better and better with time. Since the OP mentioned BIF, BIF is about the most difficult thing to photograph. Birds move in and out of backgrounds. They move erratically. I see seagulls here. Great idea. Seagulls are common and excellent practice for tracking, particularly as they cross sky to trees to water. If you see seagulls, practice practice. They are excellent to shoot because their whites are difficult.

proxy.php

Don't let the weather bother you. White skies happen all the time. This is Juvie BE

proxy.php

Practice against both kinds of backgrounds and transitions between dark and water

proxy.php

And when they come together

proxy.php

And they can dive erratically almost instantly.

proxy.php

Don't discount perched birds. The are twitchy and constantly moving. If you ever see them against a clear background, be thankful. Usually hey hide in branches to be safe from raptors. I think this is a Northern Mockingbird

proxy.php

Sometimes they sing with breakfast like this wren

proxy.php

And sometimes perched birds look right at your soul and say

"Mine, don't even think of coming near it"

proxy.php

Keep shooting! Keep shooting until it becomes second nature to track them and seagulls are great for that.

Wow those are great pics, Grim! I will be heading out to get some BIF pics next week hopefully.
You are spot on with saying practice, practice and practice!
When I first attempted it, I had real trouble tracking the birds and keeping them in focus and not the background, but after a while you get a feel for it and things start slowly coming together:001_smile

Its kinda cold outside so I decided to take my bird shots in the studio.........

proxy.php

proxy.php

And of course a curious parrot will have to investigate everything........
proxy.php

Including that thing that kept making bright in his face!

proxy.php

​Polly wanna grenade?

Top Bottom