What's new

Cowboy boot help can I work around my situation?

$9712medial__95310.1357223356.70.70.jpg I also tried on a pair double H Boots with the 12 inch heel and my orthotic inserts felt much better so I was thinking of asking if they could put a 12 inch heel on the lacer

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that cowboy boots are the wrong choice for shoveling snow....
You want lining, waterproofing, warmth, rubber soled tread when you're out in the snow.

May I suggest you take the boots to a cobbler and see if he can put them on a boot stretcher and get you a bit more width in the area that bothers you? That might do the trick.

+1

--- or --- I have a pair of Tony Lama boots that were painful on my insteps when I wore them. At someone knowledgeable (I can't remember who, it's been years), I was told to try putting rubbing alcohol on my socks in the area that was tight. From what I understand, it temporarily loosens the leather's fibers and allows that area to stretch a bit until the alcohol evaporates. I did this once and it worked very well. Those boots (San Saba in Cognac Ostrich, E9321) are still in rotation today, some 7 or 8 years later.

Attachments

• $photo(6).jpg
    $photo(6).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 72
boot up date my mom gave me the Pretty sweet Christmas gift. It wasn't shave stuff unfortunately but that's ok she said because wearing these boots mean so much to me that she would buy me a pair custom-made boots which was probably the coolest thing ever. I also found a boot maker locally I'm just hoping doesn't cost too much. so I'm excited

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that cowboy boots are the wrong choice for shoveling snow....
You want lining, waterproofing, warmth, rubber soled tread when you're out in the snow.

I would never wear mine shoveling snow - probably slippery and not warm enough.

That's SWEET ! Yeah Boots are all sized and cut differently , I've worn Boots All my life . You pretty much have to try different makers , Justins are great , but I think they're small . Tony Lama always fit me right , but something changed with them , I think they were sold . But I wear a pair of Rockies , now (I'm a rounded toe guy , no roach killers or square toes for me) , but I think this style has been discontinued , but I tried several brands on , and the Rockies were like house shoes ! Light , and extra comfortable . But boots will expand if you wear them , normally , like most I guess they're more snug at first , then stretch out a little or a lot . ... bring back the Stetson Open Road ! Just shape the rim to your liking !

Top Bottom