What's new

Show off your torches aka flash lights

Hello all,

This year for Christmas the wife asked me what I wanted, to which I responded, a new torch. And then the research began ha.
I ended up asking for a Olight S1, a tiny tiny torch which packs a massive punch of 500 lumens. I have not received the gift yet, but Im pretty excited for it, so I offer no review.
As I researched the web for what to buy I stumbled across some pretty interesting torches, I had no idea there was such a following, a bit like our wet shaving really, when you first find BB you're amazed ha, any ways I digress.

Heres a photo, which isn't mine, of the S1
$image.jpeg

Would anyone like to share their torches/flashlights whether its edc or not.

Last edited:
Thrunite TN-12 (2014).....Thorfire VG-10......Eagletac D25C......Nitecore EZ123......

Attachments

• $IMG_0001.jpg
    $IMG_0001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 155

Legion

Staff member
Why are all torches these days "tactical black"?

You would think it would be more sensible to make them silver, or some bright colour you can find easily in the dark.

Nice collection Malocchio, I was almost tempted by a Nitecore EC11, which is a simular size to the one you have there, I think.

Not sure why they are all black, maybe because we still act like kids and pretend we are spies when no one is looking, or maybe thats just me? The S1 has a bezel which glows in the dark, so when I drop it hopefully it wont sit face down.

Why are all torches these days "tactical black"?

There not. They are just cheaper. Here is a EagTac D25C in Titanium.

The battery lasts forever. I've had one for 3 years now and I'm not sure it will ever die.

all of them do get scratches from pocket carry.

True that, but its a tool, not a collectors investment meant to increase in value. Nobody should care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a beautiful Olight in copper before and after polishing.....A good copper polish will keep it bright and shiny...

Attachments

• $zzzzzzzjt.jpg
    $zzzzzzzjt.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 141
Got a few, these are my favourite 2 at the moment.

Little Fenix LD01 that runs on one AAA battery, nice little torch.

$ld01.jpg

And a Thrunite TN4A

$thru5.JPG
$thru8.JPG

Takes 4 AA batteries and puts out the following:

Moonlight- 0.5 Lumens/80 Days

Low - 15 Lumens/93 Hours
Medium - 139 Lumens/14 Hours
High - 550 Lumens/150 Minutes
Turbo - 1150 Lumens/56 Minutes
Strobes - 1150 Lumens/150 Minutes

Well made bit of kit!

That Olight in copper is lovely, I almost bought one of those, shiny shiny!

Hey Warren, hows things? That light is a beast, at first I thought it was tiny which made me confused when I saw it next to the battery ha.

That Olight in copper is lovely, I almost bought one of those, shiny shiny!

Hey Warren, hows things? That light is a beast, at first I thought it was tiny which made me confused when I saw it next to the battery ha.

All good, thanks! Same with you I hope:001_smile
Yeah that Thrunite isn't tiny, but a decent size for a 4 AA unit, good choice of modes as well.

Black will not reflect,and makes for nice anodizing.You can get bright copper ,but it does tarnish,and bright polished stainless steel or titanium,both cost extra,and all of them do get scratches from pocket carry....Here's the torch I would like to have, 1000 metre throw ! :http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-NW-1x18650-2xCR123A-2x18650-4xCR123A)-Review :w00t:

1500 lumens is crazy, I could go night riding on the mountain bike with that easily. The shots of the beam are ridiculous, that is some throw.

Nothing fancy just a EagTac D25LC2 it is somewhat big for a EDC but it uses 18650s which I have a ton of that I was already using for e-cig mods so it just made sense.

All good, thanks! Same with you I hope:001_smile
Yeah that Thrunite isn't tiny, but a decent size for a 4 AA unit, good choice of modes as well.

Yes Im very good, cheers. The Thrunite looks like a great light, does it give a wide beam?

Appreciate it Warren, Im tempted but I will stick to playing with my new one once I receive it at Christmas. Im worried it will put mine to shame also haha

Fenix PD35. This version can go up to 960 lumens. 5.5 inches. It gives out more flood than spotlight. The trees in the background are about 100-120 feet away. Sorry for the poor picture quality. It was taken from a phone I bought 2 days ago.$image.jpg$image.jpg

Appreciate it Warren, Im tempted but I will stick to playing with my new one once I receive it at Christmas. Im worried it will put mine to shame also haha

I wouldn't worry, this thing is about 10 times the size:biggrin1: Liking the look of that Olight

Handy and powerful. Ultrafire E17 2000 lumens

Attachments

• $image.jpeg
    $image.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited: