What's new

New Boker Open Comb - Anyone have one?

Hi all

This is currently making its way to me from Germany....

$04bo171.jpg

Just wondered if anyone here has tried one, bought one, or knows anything about it?

According to the vendor (and manufacturer) - it's German made, nickel coated brass - handle, base plate and head....

Cheers

Interesting...

I looked at the Fatip - looks a lot like the Grande - except the specs suggest it's longer (8.5cm rather than 6cm) and slightly heavier (70g as opposed to 65g)

This is currently making its way to me from Germany....

Well, how does it shave? Mild? Aggressive? Is the balance nice? Is the plating smooth and with good coverage? Details please!!!

I've been waiting for a review of this razor. Curious if I would want it, or just invest in another str8. My old Parker 97R hasn't gotten much use in the last year, come to think of it, neither has my Gillette Black Beauty, but this is such a nice looking razor, at least in the pictures, I might be willing to put my SAD aside to pick it up.

Thanks,
Andy

Looks like an addition for the Christmas list!
Is anybody else making an open comb with all 3 pieces solid brass?

It is absolutely not a FaTip, despite the obvious resemblance. Check pictures side by side: the Boker has 2 fewer teeth (as mentioned by by @Highspeedlane).
Sadly, OP vanished. Who wants to step up and buy a Boker and tell everyone how well it shaves?

Edit: I have nominated myself. My Boker is now on order. If I disappear like OP, send out a search party.

Last edited:
Top Bottom