What's new

Watches - Your all time best one.

I have the same watch Seiko skx007. Changed to metal oyster bracelet and replaced hardlux glass with saphire crystal. One of the toughest watches around. Keeps good time and was in apocalypse now. However someday soon I am buying a Rolex explorer for its simple class!

My co-worker has a new Rolex explorer and he gets mad because my Seiko keeps much better time! LOL

Here is another choice, if accurate time keeping is your measure. This is a Citizen watch which syncs to the NIST Atomic Time standard, Boulder, Colorado via radio waves every night at 2:00am. I love this watch but haven't been wearing it recently. I have been going for mechanical watches.

$L1030024.jpg

proxy.php

This breitling old navitimer that was my dad's that he gave to me. Hopefully when i have children i can pass it down to one of them.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
proxy.php

This breitling old navitimer that was my dad's that he gave to me. Hopefully when i have children i can pass it down to one of them.
I'm adoptable:lol:. The only Breitling I really like. Very nice watch

I have 2 - my Omega Speedy Gemini as to what it represented to the US Space program

$Gemini Speedy.jpg

and my vintage Navitimer, as to what it represented to Aviation and because it is an heirloom

$WOTD 10.02.2014 - Navitimer.JPG

A Grand Seiko with spring drive. Not a traditional movement, which some will not like.

I did not consider anything that costs 5 figures, since I never pay any attention to that class of watch.

An Omega Speedmaster is generally appreciated, can run with most any crowd, and its classic good looks are timeless.

Photo taken on a bit of uncommon Texas snow last February.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I actually have this one. There is just something about a fine Swiss watch.

Attachments

• $361114_I1600_1402_001_100_0000_Light-G-Timeless-stainless-steel-watch.jpg
    $361114_I1600_1402_001_100_0000_Light-G-Timeless-stainless-steel-watch.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 178
If I would get money to buy any watch I want, there would be a good chance I would get a Strela like this one:
$1254neugut1.jpg
There is something special about a mechanical chronograph. This one is also Russian, so it means it is a bit odd and might be a discussion starter.

If I would end up paying everything myself, my favorite watch is Vostok Amphibia:
$s-l1000.jpg
Vostok Amphibias are affordable ($50-$60) and a lot of fun.

For the past year I had been on the cusp of selling my other small business. Nobody around to give me a gold watch for my service to the company so it was up to me, eh? I spent a year looking and pondering finally settling down on the Speedmaster. Then it was vintage or new which took forever to sort. Decided to go new and just got this a few months ago. Here is the odd thing. After buying it I asked about the serial number and after grabbing a loupe they read it off to me. It has the year I graduated high school, graduated college and date we were married - in sequence. I take that as confirmation. Here she is with original bracelet but I have had it on a husky leather strap as well as several NATO straps and it is a looker. My wife was all against it with the money involved, said it was crazy and I agreed with her. It IS crazy but I asked what hobbies do I have? Silence. She was still against it and then I came home with it on my wrist. She took one look and did a 180 - loves it. Goes on and on about how timeless it looks, classy and yet understated, etc.

proxy.php

Top Bottom